Chapter 6: Destroying the Orb

"Phoebus was a name for something that never could be named."

Wallace Stevens

The three quietly and quickly snuck around the Chritchellites. The Woolie made great care not to step on anyone while Jack and Evie kept an eye out. They kept sneaking behind the pillars and had to hide when a couple guards walked past them.

"So I said to Charlie, 'I have three of those-'"

They all nearly had a heart attack when Evie had to sneeze. Both Jack and the Woolie froze up when Evie struggled to keep it in but then let out an adorable and very tiny, "chu..."

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

Evie held her breath and her heart rushed in her ribcage. Somehow, Jack's hand had found itself over her mouth, not that it really mattered anymore at this point.

Luckily, the two Chritchellites didn't think too much over it because they continued on their way. "Oh nothing, so anyway-"

Both Jack and the Woolie let out relieved sighs and Jack released Evie. She gave them an apologetic look and thankfully they didn't seem to hold it against her. The rest of their sneaking around went smoothly and without any more sneezes. The Woolie led them to a large gate.

"You must unlock," the Woolie told them.

Jack studied the large lock, then he pulled out a pin out of his topknot, letting his long black hair drop limply over his shoulders. He began to pick the lock with it, his face scrunched with concentration. Thankfully, there was a satisfying click and the gate unlocked. Jack pulled his hair back into a topknot and neatly pinned it in place. Jack pushed the gate open and he gasped.

Evie looked inside and she covered her mouth. "Oh..."

Inside were the rest of the Woolies, all herded together like sheep in the pasture.

"What is this place?" Jack asked.

"This is where we are kept at night," The Woolie explained with a heavy heart.

"This is awful," Evie commented as she followed them through the pasture. A few of the Woolies glanced up at them with sorrowful eyes while the rest of them slept. "Being treated like livestock. How could they do this to you?"

"They believe that they are the superior race," The Woolie replied. "They have the technology that we could never obtain."

Evie frowned as she felt the anger simmer inside her. These little blue monsters were no better than the Nazis.

The Woolie led them to a tall shrine that stood in the center of the field. Jack and Evie stared up at it with amazement. "Up..." He instructed.

Evie looked at all the stairs leading up to the top. She had to climb up all of that? Ugh...

"Up!" The Woolie nudged them both forward with his face, this time with insistence.

Jack and Evie glanced at each other before Jack started to walk up first. Evie gave a small whimper but followed after him. By this point, she had no room for complaints. Once they reached the top, with Evie being out of breath- they came face to face with a giant Buddha-like Woolie statue.

"Whoa..." Evie couldn't help but say.

Her comment seemed to awaken the statue because its eyes slowly began to open. Both Evie and Jack watched, entranced. When the statue's glowing eyes opened all the way, light shot out of them and into their eyes.