43.Quiet

"I didn't lie to you, right? Doesn't it taste good? "

Lan Wangji withdrew his hands back making the butterfly fly in front of him. He was startled to hear Wei Wuxian's voice and he understood that this was what happened after he was drunk. Lan Xichen walked closer to his brother and asked.

"Wangji, that's Wei-Gongzi? Right? "

"Mm"

Lan Wangji replied, hesitating whether or not he should touch the butterfly again. He did not know whether he would like what he is going to hear. ' that is not why I am hesitating.' Lan Wangji did not want to listen to this in front of his uncle and brother because he very well knew whatever their conversation was, it would be really embarrassing. Lan Xichen seeing his brother's expression, suggested.

"Why don't you listen to it alone then?"

"No Wangji, it will be dangerous. I won't allow it."

Lan Qiren said loudly startling both his nephews. He narrowed his eyes and watched the butterfly flying small circles in front of Lan Wangji. Lan Xichen looked at his uncle and pleaded.

"But Shufu-"

"If you want to listen, do it right here. I am not leaving that thing out of my sight.

Lan Qiren said waving his hand in the air and turning away from his nephews to face the opposite side. Lan Xichen looked at his stubborn uncle then at his brother. Lan Wangji was eyeing the butterfly with indecision. He wanted to know what happened but he was not sure whether he could handle it in front of his family. In the end, his curiousity and desire to hear Wei Wuxian's voice won. He gently stretched his index finger for the butterfly.

"Lan Zhan.
Lan Zhan how are this thick-skinned? It's so thick, that your face doesn't even turn red. "

Lan Wangji heard the voice and felt like Wei Wuxian was whining. He saw his brother smiling and he felt his ears heating up. He suddenly felt that this was actually a bad idea. Lan Qiren huffed and exclaimed loudly.

"See, I have been right about that arrogant insolent-"

Lan Qiren stopped when the three of them heard a thunk sound of something hitting wood and Wei Wuxian gasping in surprise. Lan Wangji lowered his eyes looking at his own feet rather than seeing his brother's smile.

"Lan Zhan...
Lan Zhan why don't you go back to your room and sleep? Don't sleep here."

Lan Wangji knew that he slept in Wei Wuxian's room so this was not a surprise. He was now sure that this was Wei Wuxian's whining voice. He also felt little relived to know that he was not speaking and all the talking was done by Wei Wuxian. 'This can't be that bad.'

There were sounds of clothes rustling and Lan Wangji heard some laboured breathing. He assumed that Wei Wuxian was now dragging him to his bed. It was already very late in the night when he decided to go check on Wei Wuxian, 'so maybe there won't be anymore talking but then again, why would Crimson Rain Sought Flower give this to me.'

Lan Qiren sighed when there just silence, he was not sure why he felt relived. 'Maybe because that boy didn't do much more trouble. ' Lan Xichen somehow felt that this was not the end but he was starting to feel angry with himself for being right always.

"I never thought that the usually high and mighty Lan-Er-Gongzi would fall into my hands. "

Wei Wuxian cheerful voice and his laugh echoed in the room. Lan Qiren whirled around and pointed his finger at the butterfly and yelled.