Say Aloha to the Aloha State

The young girl that was having a tea party was a very young-looking girl, five years old at the most with waist-length black hair that was tied up in two braids that framed her tanned face and almond-shaped, crystal-blue eyes that resembled America's and she wore a light pink dress with darker pink hibiscus embroidered along the hem that matched the real one she wore in her hair. However, to England and Japan, the girl looked rather familiar. Now they knew they never met her so she shouldn't have created this itching feeling in their minds, yet...she did.

As England and Japan tried to figure out why her face created such a strange feeling of remembrance, Ace, the Golden Retriever wearing a fancy bonnet, ran over and sat next to the girl as she poured some 'tea' from a china teapot for him. "Now, remember to mind your manners, Ace. We don't want a repeat of what happened last time," she said as she pointed towards one of the stuffed animals, a bunny that clearly had been chewed up and only recently been haphazardly stitched back together with it still missing one of its black button eyes. Clearly embarrassed by the incident, Ace bowed his head in embarrassment before looking up at the girl with big puppy dog eyes who in turn just pet him on the head. "Don't worry I still like you," she said with a smile before sitting down and pouring herself 'tea'.

"Lani!" America called to the girl who looked up and her eyes brightened.

"Daddy!" the girl, Lani, called as she raced over to her father and hugged his legs.

America smiled down at the girl and picked her up. "Hey, kiddo. How's your day been? And where's Alaska?"

"Pretty good, as for 'Laska, he went to go read in the apple orchard on the other side since he didn't want to play tea party with me. Something about my doll looking possessed and freaking him out but I have no idea what he's talking about," Lani replied. The other countries looked over behind the father and daughter to see the table where the dolls and at one in particular that appeared to be older than the others due to it being porcelain as opposed to plastic and wore a white Edwardian gown with black hair and painted blue eyes that turned its head and now seemed to be staring at them...Um...

"Aloha, everybody," the countries heard and looked over from the doll to the brightly smiling girl to which they gave an awkward wave to the child, who then gestured at her father to set her down which America did so, allowing her to bend down under the table to pull out a rectangular black box and place it on the table. Turning a dial on the side and flipping a switch caused the box's lid to spring off revealing beautiful leis of varying colors and flowers, allowing the state to reach in and pull them out before turning to the countries. "Welcome to our house," she said before grabbing a nearby chair to stand at almost the same height as at least some of the countries, placing her floral leis on each of them as she passed by until all of them had one around their neck. 

"Er...thank you, dear," England said, examining the orchid lei around his neck before looking back at the physically five-year-old who had returned to her father's side with a beaming smile.

"You're welcome," she said, tilting her head to the side. "It's kind of my specialty to welcome visitors." 

"Well, that's good," England said before taking a good long look at the child, examing her facial features and quirks before something in his mind clicked, remembering where he did see someone with her features. However, that had been many years ago, at least three centuries and the last time he saw her was in the 1890s and she was nearly 16 in physical age by then and didn't possess this girl's blue eyes. Perhaps they were related? "Lani, was it?"

"Well, yes, that's my nickname," she said as she walked over to the box still sitting on her tea party table before putting it back under the table. "It's short for my human name Moana Leilani Jones, but if you want my actual name," she continued whipping around before grabbing her skirt and curtseying, "I'm the State of Hawaii."