CHAPTER 10

As promised, I am here with the next update as 40 votes have been casted on the previous chapter. Thank you so much for making it reach 40 votes today itself. Keep showering your love on the chapter for early updates!!

Happy Reading!

...........

He stood there keen to get the answer to his question but the words that he next heard froze him.

Aadhya- okay mom, I love you!

Nandini- I love you too my baby!

Mom? Baby? Manik didn't know what was happening. Why was the girl on the other side calling his Nandini as her mom and why was Nandini referring to her as her baby? Who was there on the other side of the phone? At that moment, Jatin's words about a little girl living with Nandini and Navya, who he had assumed to be Navya's daughter, struck his mind.

He immediately rushed to the terrace as the walls around him were suffocating him. He entered the elevator and pressed the button of the topmost floor with trembling fingers. His palms had turned sweaty. He gulped the lump formed in his throat.
It felt like he was numb but still he was going through a series of emotions all together. It looked like someone had snatched his breath away. He heard a ping sound and with that the door of the elevator opened. As soon as he stepped out, the chilled wind caressed him softly. He stood there staring at nothing in particular. He inhaled the fresh air to compose the havoc caused inside him. His hand went towards his pocket to take out his phone. Without giving it a second thought, he dialled Jatin's number to solve this mystery.

Jatin- Hello Manik

Manik didn't have the time for these greetings especially with the storm raging inside him. He replied to him in a 'no nonsense' tone, ignoring his greeting.

Manik- what were you telling me about that little girl who lived with Nandini?

Jatin- nothing important, just that she seemed to be quite close to Nandini.

Manik(with urgency in his voice)- what was her name and age?

Jatin- I don't know her name but yes, she must be four or five years old.

Manik(yelling)- four or five? Damn it, say it fast, four or five?

Jatin- Manik I am not sure.

He was losing his control. His eyes had turned red with fury. He could experience both anger and helplessness at the same time. He needed this answer for his survival as it was even more essential than oxygen for him at that moment. He dangerously roared,

Manik(dangerously)- you have five minutes to find her name, age and her relation with Nandini, hurry up because the time is running.

Saying this, Manik disconnected the call and stood there lost in his thoughts. That one thought which was crossing his mind again and again was powerful enough to snatch the ground from under his feet. What if that girl was his daughter? This was the only thing he could think of. He glanced at his wrist watch to see the minute hand moving at the speed of a turtle. He started pacing along the length of the terrace. He again looked at the watch and huffed in annoyance.
Those five minutes seemed to be longer than five decades to him. The words that he would listen to after these minutes could have the strongest impact on his existence.

Finally, his phone rang telling him that his wait was over. He picked it up in the first ring itself.

Jatin- She is Aadhya Malhotra, her age is five. She is Nandini's daughter.

The phone dropped from his hands. He felt numb. The newly found information had snatched his ability to think and react. He stood there like that, for god knows how many minutes. Gradually, the numbness in his eyes was replaced by a sparkle. His eyes shone with glee and his lips curved upwards in a pure smile. His joyful eyes had a tiny element of astonishment in them as well. He felt like shouting his lungs out and telling the world that he had become a father. He felt like the luckiest and happiest soul alive. He whispered,

Manik(to himself)- Aadhya Malhotra, she is my daughter. I have become a father. A father.

But the very next moment the upward curvature of his lips was replaced by an angry frown on his forehead. The fact that Nandini had hid such a big truth from him, made him burn in fury. His jaw tensed and his nose flared outwards. He stomped towards her cabin like an angry bull.

He barged into her cabin without knocking and went towards her chair.

Manik(shouting)- why did you do this to me Nandini?

Nandini looked at him with a clueless expression on her face.

Nandini- What have I done Mr. Malhotra?

Manik held her from her shoulders and made her stand up. Manik gritted his teeth and uttered,

Manik- stop acting innocent.

Nandini- I think you have lost it.

Nandini said these words in a sharp tone. She struggled to come out of his hold. He clutched her shoulders in a tighter grip and harshly pulled her towards him.

Nandini(hurt)- Manik, leave me, you are hurting me.

Manik- oh really but this pain is nothing in front of the pain that my heart is feeling right now and that too only because of you.

Nandini- Manik, I can't understand a single thing, what have I even done?

Manik- we had a fight and it was because of my stupidity. I was at fault, I get that and accept my mistake. But what did you do? You have commited a sin by hiding such big truth from me.

Nandini(shouts)- leave me and what truth are you talking about?

Manik(roars)- the truth that I have a five-year old daughter. You hid such a big thing from me, how could you Nandini?

Nandini flinched at his tone but as she realised what he said, her eyes widened and her stomach twisted. Shock would be an understatement to describe the emotion she was going through. She pushed him away with all her force due to which he stumbled backwards. She raised her eyes and directly stared into his brown orbs. Her eyes held a look of disbelief.

.......................................

The confrontation is still left but Manik finally got to know that he has a daughter!

The reason behind their misunderstanding will be revealed in the next chapter!

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?

DON'T FORGET TO  HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.

Guys please do vote and I promise to reward you with early updates!

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT. I AM REALLY GRATEFUL!

Stay safe and Take care,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat