[ ties ]

—"KNITTING? NO WAY

—"KNITTING? NO WAY." Ray declines, as he was about to close the door at his poor junior's face. The boy gets in between the door, and pleads once more. "Please! I'm going to be manly for once, so please help me this once!" He requests, but to no avail. "No. Watch a video online, or something." The ravenette suggests. "I did! But, I really can't understand it! So please, just teach me, I'll be the best student ever!" He begs once again, hoping he could reach him. "No way. I don't even know how to knit." The boy excuses, just wanting to get it over with.

"Liar! You're telling me fourteen years of living with your grandparents, and you don't know even the slightest bit about knitting?" The junior reasons, making funny movements with his hands. The boy's eyebrows furrow, curiosity getting the best of him. "I didn't say that. Why do you want to learn anyway?" He asks. "So, you'll teach me?!!" The young junior grins, getting all over the ravenette's face. "I didn't say that, idiot." He shoves his junior away from him, crossing his arms. "A-ah well, it's kinda embarrassing..." The boy rubs the nape of his neck awkwardly, a red dusting his cheeks.

"I wanted to ask Gilda out. And I figured, I couldn't come in empty handed, so I wanted to give something handmade. I'm hopeless at cooking, and then my dad told me he asked my mom out with a scarf he made." He answered, his eyes lighting up. "And, you came to me?" He replies, batting a brow. "Well, yeah! You're a full-on granny's boy!" The junior reasons, praying he just taught him already. The ravenette glared daggers at the boy in front of him, scaring him a bit. "Don't push it, Don."

"So? Will you teach me?" Don asks him, his eyes sparkling. His upperclassman sighs in defeat, and shakes his head, knowing he'd regret this on a later date. "Prove it first." The ravenette conditions. "Huh? Prove what?" Don wonders in confusion. "Listen, I don't want to teach you only for you guys to break up two days later. Then it would've been a waste of time." He reasons, leaning on the door frame. "Huh?? Why are you thinking of us breaking up when we haven't even started dating yet? I mean- I don't even know if we'll  end up dating." Don replies.

"It's just how my brain works." The boy says, pointing at his head. "You're seriously way too cynical." Don flinches, a creeped out look on his face. "I've gotten better throughout the years." The boy responds bluntly.

"A-anyway! The knitting thing, what were you saying?"

"Prove it."

"Prove it? Prove what? How? Huh?" The poor junior responds, utterly confused. "I don't know. Prove that you're worth spending time on." The boy explains, only confusing the boy even more. "Huh? How on earth do I do that?" He asks once again, hoping for a clearer answer. "Like I said, I don't know. I'll deem you worthy whenever I do, I'll give you a week." The ravenette said, immediately closing the door, not giving time for Don to say anything. "Huh?" Don mumbles, scratching his head.

—[monday | 2:14 pm]

Don stared at the board, uninterested in the lesson. The words Ray had told him playing in his head like a broken record. Prove it, I'll give you a week. He repeats, making him let out a silent grumble. "Is there a problem, Don?" The teacher's voice asks, alarming the poor boy. "H-huh?" He stammers, having no idea of what's going on.