~ Short story ~

Please vote and comment! :)

"Junhoe?"

Kim Jinhwan enters his best friend's bedroom, a frustrated look on his face. Junhoe looks up from his phone screen, glaring at the older male, "What did I tell you about knocking?! Why does everyone always barge in without-" "You keep stealing stuff, that's why!" Jinhwan interrupts without even looking at the younger. Junhoe clumsily climbs down from the top bunk of his bed, annoyed. Junhoe shares a bunk bed with Kim Hanbin, a member of the same band as him and Jinhwan... although Hanbin is rarely around since his job requires him to be producing music in his studio 24/7.
"If you keep losing things in my bedroom, then just sleep on the bottom bunk and we can share the room!!" Junhoe waits nervously for a response from his friend. Jinhwan immediately fires back, "I don't LOSE things, you TAKE things!!!" The younger sighs with relief, he was worried that Jinhwan would reject the offer awkwardly, explaining why he shouldn't give Hanbin's bed to someone else... "...and what did you just say?!" Junhoe gulps and walks over to Jinhwan, "Hanbin sleeps on the sofa in his studio, you can stay in here..."

"BINNIIIIEEEEE!!!!"
Song Yunhyeong, another member of the band, runs over to the tired boy standing at the door. "We've not seen you for over a week!! Are you staying for dinner? I cooked fried squid, we-" Yunhyeong is cut off by Hanbin's crying. Jinhwan stares at the band leader, shocked since Hanbin never cries... "Binnie, what's wrong?!" Yunhyeong approaches Hanbin carefully, wrapping his arm around the leader's shoulders. Hanbin sits down on the sofa, his head in his hands. "My mother needs me... father had an accident at work..." The 3 boys' eyes widen in horror, each one of them wanting to ask questions but not wanting to hurt Hanbin any more. "I'm going to be out of town for a few weeks..." Hanbin dashes to his room to pack clothes, tears dripping down his rosy cheeks. Junhoe glances at Jinhwan, debating in his head whether he should say something about the bed situation. "Jinhwan-" "Junhoe, I know what you're going to say and I know my answer now." Jinhwan thinks back to the conversation they had earlier, shortly after Junhoe asked him about sharing the room...

"What if Hanbin comes back?" Jinhwan would've liked to moved into Junhoe's room, but he was aware that Hanbin would've probably been upset. "You could sleep in Jiwon's room if Hanbin needed the bed!" Jinhwan shook his head at Junhoe's idea. "No!! Jiwon snores..." Just at that moment, Yunhyeong walked in to let the boys know that dinner was ready. "KNOCK BEFORE YOU ENTER, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!"

Jinhwan brings his attention back to the present. "Ok then..." "so you'll move into my room?!" Jinhwan nods. "WE CAN PLAY FIFA ALL DAYYY!!!!" The older laughs, since they could've done that even if they had separate rooms. "I'll go and get my things!" Jinhwan skips to his room, leaving Junhoe alone in the hallway. "Junhoe..." Hanbin is standing behind Junhoe, holding 2 tickets. "These are for you, I was going to go to the fair with Chanwoo but I can't now..." Junhoe eagerly takes the tickets. "I love funfairs, thank you Hanbin...!!" He smiles, quickly reading the date on the tiny piece of paper. "I'll take Jinhwan!"

Junhoe runs over to the fast food stall the moment they arrive at the fairground. "You're so predictable, Koo Junhoe..." Jinhwan rolls his eyes and follows his younger friend. "Do you want a hotdog? Donuts?" Junhoe takes his wallet out of his pocket, already ordering. "I'll just have chips, thanks..." Jinhwan smiles as Junhoe orders the large portion of chips. "There you go!" Junhoe steals a chip before giving the box to Jinhwan.
After sitting down on a bench and eating their food, Junhoe and Jinhwan look around at all of the rides. "Can we go on that one pleaseee???" Junhoe points to the Slingshot ride, jumping up and down like a kid. "I'll be sick!!! Let's go on the Ferris wheel~"

After nearly 20 minutes of walking around and looking completely lost, Jinhwan spots the Ferris wheel. "Great... we found it..." Junhoe drags his feet (very slowly) across the floor. "Do we have to go on it? It's so boringggg~" Jinhwan grabs Junhoe's hand and pulls him into the carriage. Junhoe huffs as he sits down on the cold, metal seat. Jinhwan is smiling, although Junhoe has brought his mood right down.
The Ferris wheel slowly turns, Jinhwan and Junhoe's carriage nearly at the top. "Woah..." Junhoe admires the beautiful view, subconsciously holding Jinhwan's hand. Jinhwan faces the other way to hide his blush. "S-So... you like the view?" "It's prettier than I thought it would be... thank you for forcing me to go on this ride!" They both laugh, Jinhwan more nervously than Junhoe though.

Jinhwan yawns and looks at his watch. It's nearly 8 PM, he's been out with Junhoe for nearly 3 hours. Usually he wouldn't be so tired, but he was up late last night at dance practice. "Aww... is my Jinny-boo tired?" "SHUT UP!!! I'm just bored of you..." Junhoe smirks, deciding whether to keep teasing Jinhwan or to just take him home. "Come on then... you need your beauty sleep, little one!" "HEY!!! I'm not small!!!!" Junhoe laughs, Jinhwan unaware that he wasn't referring to his height. "You just act like a kid, but speaking of height-" Jinhwan walks off before Junhoe can finish. Junhoe smiles, not because he made Jinhwan angry but because Jinhwan is so cute.

Jinhwan throws himself onto the bottom bunk of Junhoe and Hanbin's bed, not caring if he's in his pyjamas or not. He just needs to sleep... but obviously, Junhoe has other plans. Junhoe turns off the light, but instead of climbing into bed, he plugs his electric guitar into his amp. "AYEEEEE-" "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR PLAYING HEAVY METAL, IT'S LIKE 11 PM!!!!!!" Jinhwan covers his ears and wriggles under the covers. To Jinhwan's surprise, Junhoe unplugs his guitar and climbs up to the top bunk. "Jinhwan... I'm sorry if I annoyed you today..." Junhoe stares at the ceiling. "You annoy me every day!!! We're like brothers I suppose, I shouldn't have expected anything better..." "I love you, Jinhwan" Jinhwan's eyes widen. "W-What?!" "As a brother, obviously!" Jinhwan turns to face the wall, "oh... right" Junhoe smiles, wondering if Jinhwan is doing the same or if he's frowning. "Goodnight, Jinhwan"

-The End-

(1091 words)