[2]: Goodbye

⚠️TW⚠️: Transphobia, Misgendering.

Third Person POV:

Loki sat on the bed shaking. They were staring blankly at the floor, void of emotion. What just happened was unbelievable but still fresh in their mind.

Twenty minutes ago:

"Loki Odinson."

Loki froze as the lady read out their name. Their breathing quickened as people around them began to look around for any sign of the contestant.

"Come on now dear, don't be shy." The lady coaxed form up on the stage. Loki takes a shaky breath before making their way to the stage.

Slowly, they trail along to the stairs that lead them up in front of the crowd and next to the boy who had been picked moments before.

All eyes were glued to Loki and the boy next to them. This was the worst experience in Loki's life and quite possibly one of the last.

"Any volunteers?" Loki perked up a little. Their brother. Yes. Thor. He would volunteer right? Thor always said that if Loki was ever picked he would volunteer and take their place.

Loki searches for their brother in the crowd. Sadly, when Loki's eyes land on Thor, their brother has his eyes shamefully glued to the ground. He couldn't even look at Loki.

To say Loki was disgusted was an understatement. They weren't upset that their brother wouldn't die for them, no, Ofcourse not. But Thor wouldn't even look up. It was as if he was so ashamed he couldn't even show grief because that was enough to admit Loki was his little sibling.

Loki's eyes dropped to the ground again. They stare blankly at the ground.

Just as they are now.

Sitting on the bed back stage, staring blankly at the ground waiting for their mother, father and brother to come visit before they go to the capitol.

Minutes pass and nobody has come until suddenly the door opens. Loki's mother emerges and the door shuts behind her as she rushes over to Loki.

"Oh my baby!" She whines with glistening tears running down her cheeks as she embraces Loki. Loki hugs back as tears start to well up in their own eyes.

"L-Loki o-oh my, please d-do your best to s-survive honey." Their mother says, her voice cracking. "It's ok ma, I promise you I will win this." Loki says but they don't believe their own words.

Only one person from district twelve had ever won the games and that was years ago. Now that person is a mentor, probably sick, old and depressed from training kids to inevitably die.

Loki suddenly thought of something. "Where's dad? And Thor?" Loki asks and their mother pauses for a while. "Honey.....they didn't want to come visit." She says and Loki can feel their heart snap in half.

"W-What?" They ask in shock. Their own brother and father abandoned them. Their father wasn't surprising, he had never cared for Loki equally. But Thor.

Loki was confused. Why? Why?

But that's  just it. They finally had a revelation.

Heh. They think. He never loved me nor accepted me, he probably laughed about me to his friends and cutesy little girlfriend. Loki thinks and rage builds up inside them.

"Ma?" Loki asks and looks up at her. "Yes son?" She asks looking down at them . "I-I need to tell you something." They say. "You can tell me anything dear." Their mother replies.

"Because....I'll probably never see you again, even if I do survive....I wanted to tell you that I'm Non-Binary." They day while holding their breath a little.

Their mum tilts her head a little bit with a questioning look on her face as if she's trying to analyse the situation. "Apologies dear but, what does that mean?" She asks.

Loki sucks in a little breath. "It means I identify as neither male nor female. I go b-by they/them/their b-but some non-binary people go by she/they, he/they or zi/zer even." Loki says.

That was really all they knew about their own gender. They knew there is limitless extents but they don't teach about non-binary genders because frankly, the education system is crap.

Their mum nodded slowly and understandingly. "Ok." She says. "I accept you Loki, you are who you want to be and if you don't like being a boy or a girl so be it, your still my child." She says smiling and Loki smiles back.

"Alright, times up." Says a man opening the door. Loki's Mum starts to cry and secretly slips something into their hand while doing so. "Stay alive" is what she says as she exits the room.

The door shuts and Loki feels a few stray tears slip from their eyelids. They sniff and quickly wipe them away. They look down at their hand and notice a small pin resembling golden horns.

They look at the pin curiously before pinning it to the front of his shirt. They stand up with sudden confidence in their heart. Confidence that they can win this.

Suddenly the door is opened again. "Time to go." Says some man and Loki walks out of the room. They cautiously follow to the man out to the back of the building they're in.

They reach a door. The man opens the door and lets Loki through. Waiting for them on the other side is an amazing high-tech train.

Loki stares at in it awe. They work forward to where the doors are. The doors fold to the sides and open up with ease.

Loki steps into the train and looks around.

The inner walls are made out of a heavily polished wood that matches the floors, the sofa's on the walls are carefully cushioned and covered with leather and the food looked nothing like you get in district twelve.

"Ah! There you are!" Said a voice and Loki looks toward the noise. The girl from the stage carefully but quickly is making her way over to them.

They gulp a little bit as she finally reaches them. "Come on dear, I'll take you to your room." She says and grabs their arm.

She leads Loki to the end of the main room and to a set of door that open when they reach them. They walk through and into a bedroom.

"There you are." She says with a smile. "I already have the other boy in his room, when you're both ready you can come out and join me and your mentor for some food!" She says and walks back out of the room.

Loki blinks in surprise and stands there for a bit. She referred to the other boy as he right? But they were certain she was transphobic....wahatever. Loki thinks. If she's not Transphobic, that's a good thing.

Loki slowly turns around to examine his room. The bed looked almost exactly like the one he was in moments ago ( except the covers are whiter ), the walls are made out of the same polished wood. There was a nice, tall indoor plant in the corner.

Loki turns their head a little and sees a door in the side of the wall. They walk up to it and it opens into a beautifully clean bathroom.

The outer shell of the barge was made out of the polished wood but the tub was white porcelain, the shower stood tall and the walls of it were made out of a tile version of the polished wood.

Loki awed at the bathroom, their one at home was crappy and only had a dirty old bath with cold muddy water in it but this......this was awesome.

Loki walks back out of the bathroom and sees a folded pile of clothes on the bed. They walk up to it and check it out.

It was a hard leather shirt ( that looked like and felt like battle armour ) and a pair of matching plated pants.

Loki tilts their head at the odd choice of clothing picks it up anyway. They grab the towel laid next to it and walk into the bathroom.

They set the items down on the polished-wood cupboard. Loki turns on the bath tap and slowly hops into the tub.