⋆ friends + their music (1) ⋆

song: lose control by missy elliott ft. ciara & fatman scoop

dedicated to: slpy_bttrflyBooksAndCocoa, & Nanibabbbyyyy for adding my prose stories to their reading lists :) 

i appreciate you all! <3

/  ⋆⋆⋆ /

you know how you hear a song, and it completely changes your mood? i have that moment pretty often. 

sometimes, when i hear a new song, it immediately captures my thoughts and causes me to ponder. sometimes, the lyrics affect me positively, but sometimes they bring me down. i suppose it just depends.

one thing i love about music is that there is so much of it out there. discovering something new to me is a great experience, and sharing the experience with someone i care about can be even more fun.

some songs can tell stories that enable us to feel as though we are not alone in our feelings. i like songs like these or songs that resonate with people for whatever reason.

sharing music is a strangely intimate practice because each song means something different to each person, like a reflection of some experience. even if there are no lyrics or the beat is what someone likes most, the music gains meaning because the person decided it does. that's pretty awesome. 

plus, some people can sing beautifully, and the melodies are soothing or heartfelt.

so, in honor of music and friendly discoveries, this chapter is about songs. some of them i listened to because someone i knew liked them. others i knew before but now associate new experiences with because that's life. 

i believe listening is an entrance, which includes music. when someone shares a song with you, think about why they might have done so. it might just explain their feelings in a way they feel they cannot. 

or, they like you enough to share music with you and want their favorite artist to blow up, who knows? 

interestingly enough, i was introduced to a song by a friend i made this year while i was away at college

interestingly enough, i was introduced to a song by a friend i made this year while i was away at college. he's someone i know through a friend i made during the first week of my college freshman year. 

i didn't really talk to him until probably mid to late january because i figured he wasn't my friend, he was just my friend's friend and didn't want to hang with me. i didn't want to impose or whatever, so i just stayed in my room and tried to do homework or something to pass the time when he was around with my friend and their other friend.