27 - Lazy Sunday

Sophie's PoV:

I open my eyes and do a double take just to make sure what I'm seeing is in fact reality, and not some fantasy I'm drawing up in my dreams.

By the looks of food boxes on the table all scattered around, I'd say last night did actually happen.

I sigh and nuzzle myself closer to the source of heat.

Currently, Dylan is fast asleep on the couch while I'm laying on top of him. Literally, all of my weight is on him and I wonder how didn't he suffocate already.

My face is in the crook of his neck, my breath tickling his skin, but he doesn't seem to be bothered, maybe he is a heavy sleeper.

Both his hands are wrapped around my waist, tucking me into him, while mine are around his back, protectively too.

It seems we both were afraid that the other might slip away so we just kept holding on.

I grunt and move a little to shake the sleep away. I wiggle my way out of his iron like grip, and reach out for my phone on the coffee table, lying near the undisposed containers of last night.

I check the time. 9:17. Shit.
School starts 8:30.

I start thrashing out of his hold, if we rush we could still make it to second period.

His eyebrows furrow at my actions and his grip tightens around me in response.

"Mmghm" He groans while his eyes are still closed.

"Dylan, wake up, we got to go to school" I say gently but urgently looking up to him.

He finally opens his eyes, and a smile adorns his lips, he shoots out to peck me on the lips and then settles his head back to the couch.

"Morning" He says while looking at me adoringly. My heart melts and the effect he has on me is evident by the red tint to my cheeks.

"It's already 9:20, we're late to school" I say, though I wish we didn't have to worry about that. For a minute I want the world to disappear. To have nothing but him and I laying here.

He chuckles, and his chest vibrates beneath me, "It's Sunday baby" He casually reminds me. My heart can't help but leap out of my chest at him calling me  that.

"Oh" I say in embarrassment, I should've checked the dats when I grabbed my phone earlier.

"Yeah, oh" Amusement masks his eyes and I untuck my hand from around him so I can slap his chest playfully.

"Can I sleep peacefully now?" He asks while closing his eyes , clearly not asking for permission, and twists us so that we're both on our sides.

His body doesn't have to support my whole weight anymore, I wonder if I hurt him, especially because of the accident being still fresh, not all his wounds are completely healed.

As if he can read my mind, all the things running around there, he tugs me even closer to him, places a kiss on my neck before settling his head there and drifting to sleep. A smile takes home on my lips before I decide to catch up on some necessary extra sleep.

4 hours later, we're both up and freshly showered and dressed. I make my way to the kitchen while water is teasing my back from my wet hair, wetting the back of my t-shirt too.

I stop at the kitchen entrance, surprised by the smell of food cooking on the stove, and the very chest naked Dylan cooking in nothing but in black sweatpants.

He must've noticed my presence, because he turns to me saying "You're drooling babe" With a hint of mischief as he caught me red in the act.

I clear my throat, denying the act and step further into the kitchen, taking a look at the stove. He made some sort of omelette.

"I didn't know you could cook?" I ask turning up to him.

He laughs "Well, a lot you don't know about me" He says and suddenly I have this urge to figure him out. Learn all there is to possibly learn about him.

What are his likes and dislikes. What goes on his mind. What did his childhood look like. What nursery song he used to fall asleep to as a little kid. I want to know it all.

"Come on, take a seat. Breakfast will be ready in a few" He gestures for me to sit at the table and I do as he says quietly.

Once he lays two plates of omelette and French toast, we dig in and I can't help but moan at how good it tastes. Heavenly.

He eyes me laughing "Stop that"

"Stop what?" I decide to play ignorant.

"Just keep eating before we might not be able to continue as I carry you upstairs" He says suggestively and it seems to shut  me up for good, except for a traitorous red blush ratting me out to him.

"What about dessert?" I ask once we finish washing the dishes and putting them away.

He drops to my level, grabs me by the back of my thighs and lifts me up to the counter while standing between my legs.
He then proceeds in one long passionate kiss that sucks all the air out  of my lungs. A few kisses to the jaw and neck too.

"Well, I just had mine" is all he says as he pulls away and leaves me there all hot and bothered, with a smile displaying on my lips.

The End.

•••

A/N:

*in desperate need of a boyfriend*

I enjoyed writing this story, thanks to anyone who gave it a chance. Be sure to check out my profile I have other stories too. -Xoxo, DramaQueenforreal ❣️