Chapter 21

I thought Luke was joking when he said that he was going to help me learn my dance routine.

But he was so not kidding.

"I don't want to do this," I said, pressing my hands into my hips.

"I asked Chloe what you need to do already," He said. His blue eyes locked onto mine from his spot in the chair and I couldn't resist them. "I just want to help babe."

"I know," I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "But this is weird."

"Why?" He frowned.

"You're asking me to give you a lap dance," I smirked.

"Wouldn't you rather do it with me than some random dancer guy?" He asked quietly.

"I have to do it with them for the show," I sighed.

"Well you can do it with me to get comfortable," He shrugged, slapping his thighs for emphasis.

"You're insane," I said, fully aware of my pink cheeks.

"But you know that I'm right,"

I rolled my eyes and went to sit on his lap.

We were face to face and he sent me a tiny smile, hands resting on my hips gently.

"Hi," I smirked.

He beamed at like a little kid and leaned forward to kiss my lips. I watched him pull the remote into his hand and press play. Our song came blasting through the rehearsal room and I started to feel sick to my stomach.

"Go, I won't laugh," He said nicely.

I took a deep breath in through my nose and started to do what we learned in rehearsal. I wrapped my hands around his neck and leaned all the way back, thankful for his hands holding me in place.

When the beat hit I popped up, flipping my hair over my head.

"Ow," He laughed, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I frowned.

"It's okay, keep going," He said.

I stretched my arms out to the sides and snapped my fingers a few times to the beat until my verse started. Luke was a good sport, he didn't say anything or really react. He just let me practice.

I jumped to my feet and stepped away from him to get to the middle of the stage. I hummed along to my lyrics and jumped back and forth a few times until it was time for the choreographed bits again.

I tugged on my hoodie and yanked the zipper down as slow and smoothly as I could. Luke's eyes popped open as my crop top peeked out and I flipped my hair over to the side.

I don't know what changed in me but I felt empowered.

I didn't feel like clumsy old Maddie who always makes a fool of herself.

I felt light.

I felt... sexy.

He swallowed very obviously when I stood in front of him and swayed my hips from one side to the other. I popped them quickly to the beat and sat back down on his lap with my legs spread wide open.

I could feel him breathing on the back of my neck and something stiff pressing into my thigh.

Oh?