Chapter 32

I woke up in a gasp, feeling a sharp pain in my stomach. I felt breathless like I just ran a mile. I heaved, getting but abruptly stopping as I fell back down on the cushioned pillowed. I gazed down at my stomach, it was wrapped up in bandages with blood seeping through.

The room felt familiar, with its cramped, windowless four walls surrounding me. I was back in the room I was first confined in. I shuddered beneath the white linen sheets when I heard the door open. "How are you feeling, (y/n)?" he asked with a sly smirk, taking my hand with a squeeze.

"You stabbed me." I said in disbelief, withdrawing my hand away from him. He tilts his head with a labyrinth expression and laughed, "It was all in your head, (y/n). And besides, you agreed on our little game, darling." he winked, kissing my cheek softly with a caress.

I wiped my cheekbones clean with a glare, but it only seemed amusing to Perseus with his elbow resting on the bed. "How the fuck is this all in my head?" I glanced at my bandaged stomach and got up slowly with a few wince and groans.

Perseus pushed a strand of hair back to my ear and sighed in admiration, "My point is that we played the game in your head, and the only way to teach you a lesson is to-"

"Murder me? Really? You're such a loser."

"Frighten you, (y/n)." he pushed an index finger to my lips, trying to correct my words. I bit down on his finger in exasperation of even trying to cover up the fact that he tried to murder me and let alone ruin my entire life.

He did not wince nor flinch but I did get out such little reaction from his, he was rather flushed with eyes a bit agape. I backed away and cleaned my lips with the white sheets. "Do it again, (y/n)," he rubbed his fingertip with his thump, blood smearing on both of his fingers.

Perseus looked up with glowing crimson eyes. He leaned forward and clenched his hands under my cheekbones and with his other hand pushing my mouth open, his eyes looked sternly inside as if he was inspecting and trying to find something.

He let's go of me and withdrew his head away from me, giving me some space while I rub my swollen cheeks. "Ah, as expected! Your fangs grew!" he clasped both of his hands with a smile, his fingers touched my skin, and gazed up to my (e/c) eyes.

"You have such puffy eyes, have you been sleeping well?" he asked while straightening my baby hairs that poked out. "Who would when you kidnapped me." I glared and slapped his hand away. Perseus gave me a genuine smile, but behind those pretty visage was a monster. I knew so.

"You still look lovely, (y/n). Perfect in my eyes. If someone looked at you, tell me and I'll take their eyes out for you, (y/n)," he chuckled deeply, making me shiver.

"I also picked a wedding dress you'd be beautiful in, (y/n)! Aren't you excited?" Perseus's eyes lightened with the feeling of euphoria changing his demeanor but on the other hand, I felt a sense of fear.

To be locked up inside these walls and slowly turn into something I detest would be a nightmare, and to be married to a being like him only doubled my horror. I shuffled my feet beneath the linen sheets with clenched fists, my thoughts were burst with a prick of a needle when Perseus said my name.

My breath was taken away in a trice from the pretty dazzles that shun bright. The dress was marvelous, it was nothing from the racks I saw before. Though it seemed to be too much with its floor-length, princess gown and beautiful crystals and gems all alike that sparkled and gleam.

The top seemed to be a corset from just looking at its hard, jeweled shell and an off-shoulder top. My younger self would be squealing if she saw this right in front of her eyes.

"You seemed to be disappointed with the gowns from the rack, (y/n) so I made those two walk-in fire," he said as he rolled his eyes, "But they just really had to be stupid and die!" Perseus complained while he walked towards me with the dress.

A chill went down my spine with the loathe and creeps dangling in my expression from how at ease Perseus was talking about death. "I made someone else do your dress for you, (y/n) and killed him later on though. He was such a promising designer, but he had to fuck it up so I had to do the finishing touches myself." he held the dress up with a glower.

"That...that wasn't necessary." I clenched on the sheets with my eyes darting away, suddenly feeling sick from looking at the dress. It was like looking at death.

"Do you not like it?" Perseus asked and in an instant, I looked up. "I..." I tranced off, biting down on my lip and with a sigh, I gave a soft smile, "I like it.." I whispered but I knew he heard me when he chuckled in delight.

Somewhat looking at that dress gave me the sense of being hopeless. Is this my destiny? To be locked away in these four walls until I get married by a monster and turn into one myself? "My life is a lie." I mumbled with empty eyes, pondering down at the pearly white sheets.