chapter Eight; kera's coming 2

Both Bermuda and the witch doctor take a long path that leads inside a dark deep foliage.
So dark that it seems like another planet.

Containing trees with wide spread branches, that it formed a thick canopy where light seem almost impenetrable.
The path guided by huge chunk of stones painted bluish green by mosses and algae but still letting the imprinted signs show.

On each side huge dense vegetations seems to enveloped them with each step. Although the air was fresh and neat and the cool breeze was soothing, it did only a little in pacifying Bermuda's discomfort.
It seemed like the trees were watching them Bermuda could even swear he saw some of the trees move with them according to their pace.

Where are we heading too? Bermuda asks, trying to ease his curiosity aroused from being uncomfortable.

This is underworld a land kept so safe from humans that people, even great people, call this place a myth.

Humans can't survive here Except if sprinkled with fairies dust, or kissed by a mermaid or siren or breathing the breath of a god.

Bermuda takes a peek at the trees. They all seem to have life.

This made him feel more uneasy. He could feel eyes peering at him.

Just then he hears a ruffle behind a part of the bush. He turns his eyes immediately at the bush.

who's there? He asks holding up his hands as he concentrates on the few water droplets around him.
I'm lethal he announces as his body began glowing fiery yellow like volcanic lava.
Showing intimidation display.

Just then a creature with feathers, legs and hands made up of twigs, the colour of a raven and beautiful deep green eyes,
that shone under the rays of the moon, struggling through the dense canopy of the forest.

It looks at Bermuda strangely, at which by that time bermuda had stopped his warning colours, and turns towards the witch doctor who was still walking forward at a steady pace.

My lord. he calls, kneeling and bowing its head.

The witch doctor turns around and stops.

What're you doing out here the witch doctor asks confused, walking back to meet the creature.

The brenndaras attacked us while you were gone. it took you a long time to return.

It seems they have inside spies.

I'm out here with the treaks keeping am eye on the path. He says focusing on the Bermuda who was with him.

OK well-done.
I'm back now. although, I'll be leaving soon but I'll sort somethings out first.

Okay I see you've got a visitor. It asks still looking at him strangely

He's not a visitor. He retaliated

Oh a guest?

Neither! He's my son. He says frowning

The creature looks at the witch doctor confused.

OK!
He looks so much human

That's because he's been living around them for long.

He'll need a cloak to hide his face. The creature says while still examining.

Yes he'll really need something like that.

let me get one he says turning around and walking into a tree as his body slowly vanishes inside the tree.

After a few moments he appears back with a leather cloak covered with bear's fur.

He handed it over to them
I forgot to tell you something he says making the duo pause again

kera has escaped...

*************

Elena! Elena! Tinawa calls

Where have you been I've been searching around for you.

I just wanted to take some air here. its quiet and nice with lush green grasses carpeting the area.

doesn't it make you feel somewhat at peace. She says smiling

Yeah, I know. He replies

they both sit on the swing facing them.

Elena looks at Tinawa as both their eyes meet, they stare at each other for a long while before quickly turning away.

She looks up at the sky and Tinawa too

The sky's so peaceful today. She says using one of her hands to play with her hair.

Yeah its just too nice. He replies smiling.

Look over there she shouts, as she pointed a dinosaur formed by the clouds.

yeah! and the huge pig behind it.

yeah they both chuckled.

Hold on, Do you see that

No! where?

Look carefully your name is boldly written on the Sky with green blue clouds.

Tinawa's eyes wide opened with terror, looks at the sky and notices it.

Something's wrong. She says

Strange things have been happening around you.