Horikita Senpai's An...

Winter has just passed by, and the weather was relatively warm. February in Japan was known for many things. The peak of Cherry blossom was only a few weeks away, and so was a vacation for many tired Japanese workers. Many young boys could be seen in high spirits as it was also the month where they would receive chocolates from girls for Valentine's day. Of course, where there is Jubilation, there is always a recession, and in this case, it would be the End of year exams.

However, there was one such boy who wasn't bothered by any of the affairs mentioned above. He neither cared about Valentines nor exams as he was sorted in both departments, not that he wanted that but being the most handsome, Highly academic, and prodigious student council president in his middle school. Horikita Akihiro couldn't help but gather attention this month.

"So senpai is going to be in ANHS. It's the same school my parents and yours studied at."

"What about you Kiyoko? I think you can easily make it in next year given your skillset."

"Who knows. My mother said it was a good place but my father made a dissatisfied face when I asked him."

"You want to stay three years away from papa?" she said, imitating her father's monotone voice.

Ayanokōji Kiyoko and Horikita Akihiro were making their way home for a study session. Akihiro was the one who suggested this, which was a surprise given that he was never interested in spending time like that. Kiyoko, however, immediately understood his ulterior motive and decided not to question her friend further. Together they both made their way towards the Ayanokōji estates.

Akihiro was pretty surprised by looking at the house in front of him even though it wasn't his first time. The house was not as big as his but wasn't small either. Luxurious yet not over the top. Big houses always intimidated and awoke a cold feeling within him. Ayanokoji's house wasn't like that. A fusion between traditional Japanese houses with western touches and a beautiful garden maintained by someone talented. The place was very comfy and warm, almost as if the person who built it intended to look peaceful. Akihiro appreciated this place very much.

They both made their way in and were greeted by a beautiful blonde woman in her late thirties. Her appearance was that of a person in their early twenties, which showed how much care she took of herself. Nobody could deny that Ayanokōji's wife was S-class.

'She can't beat my aunt though', assured Horikita jr while giving Kei a polite greeting.

"Ara if it isn't Akihiro-Kun. You haven't visited us for a long time."

"Well I wanted to have a study session with Kiyoko so please pardon me for my intrusion."

"Hmm...Is it only that or perhaps you both wanted to do some lovey-dovey stuff together?" She said with a wide smirk looking at her daughter, expecting some reaction. Kiyoko just stood there with her same poker face.

"Of course not mom. We both are only friends and who would date an unpopular girl like me."

'Bruh, Unpopular? you have a reverse harem at school,' Horikita thought in his mind, almost blurting that out to his dense Kohai. 

He was tired of how many times this question was asked to him. It was not like Horikita didn't interact with anyone else. He was reasonably social. But he interacted with Kiyoko more often than not, resulting in many rumors that they were dating, which was pretty troubling for him.

If he wanted to, he might have a chance with Kiyoko. However, his heart already belonged to someone else.

"Senpai I am gonna go and clean up my room you can wait downstairs."