66. The party

A single moment of misunderstanding is so poisonous, that it makes us forget the hundred lovable moments spent together within a minute.

Author's POV

(Want to know how the letter got misplaced?? Here you go)

Flashback

Omkar wrote the letter and placed it in the cover. He mixed the letter with some professional letters and instructed the peon to place them at Aadya's desk.

The peon stepped out of Omkar's cabin with the letters in his hands and took a few steps. Within no time he bumped into a worker who was carrying unnecessary files and papers to put them in the store room. The things which were in their hands landed on the floor. Both bent to pick the respective things. Peon collected the letters except the important one. He didn't notice it. The worker picked the files and that letter unknowingly.

And that's how the letter ended up in the store room.

~~~~•~~~~

Omkar's POV

She never read the letter. But how did it get misplaced? Well it doesn't matter now. The only thing that matters is she didn't know about my relationship earlier. That was why she had high expectations on me. That was why she married me. That was why her dreams were shattered. That was why she was left heart broken when she witnessed me kissing Priya.

I stepped out of the lobby and stepped into my car. I started the engine and drove on some random road. I myself don't know where I was heading to.

I closed my eyes and that incident flashed in my brain.

Flashback

Author's POV

It was New year. Everyone were invited for the grand party arranged as usual.

Omkar descended the stairs to check the decorations. Astonished would be an understatement. Aadya really have a very good taste when it comes to decorations.

She was monitoring and instructing the decorators about what things to be placed where and all. She was so engrossed in it that she didn't notice his presence.

He looked at her from tip to toe. The end of her saree was tucked to her waist. Her hairs were tied into a messy bun. A pen was holding the bun from falling.

Omkar took baby steps and stood behind her whereas she was busy instructing the decorators. His breath hitched looking at her back. Her deep u neck blouse exposed more of her skin. His hands itched to undo the strings and hooks of her blouse and brush his fingers on her bare skin.

She paused all of a sudden when she scented his strong cologne. She sensed him behind her. Her expressions changed but she didn't dare to turn back and look at him.

He extended his hand to touch her.

"Omkar..for god's sake.. you're in the hall. People are working here. Don't embarrass her and yourself infront of everyone" his inner voice said.

He withdrew his hand.

(Damnn his inner voice. Can't it keep quiet? We missed a romantic scene 🤭🤭)

"Uff.." he let a deep sigh. He couldn't help but stare at her back. He extended his hand to her hair bun and in no time removed the pen. This made her hairs fall on her back.

She turned back and looked at him. They had an eyelock. A few strands of her hairs fell on her face. Automatically he brushed his fingers on her face and tucked the strands behind her earlobe.