Chapter 20

Alexander's POV:

I quickly got into the passenger seat ignoring the weird feeling I got when Isabella sat on my lap. I connected my mobile to the car and called Jacob. Meanwhile I took the gun out of the console and loaded. I did notice how Isabella's eyes widened when she saw the gun but thank god she did not ask anything about it because this is not the time to play 20 questions.
Jacob picked up and greeted me, "capo" (boss). "I russi ci stanno seguendo e ho bisogno di rinforzi al più presto."(Russians are following us and I need backup asap) I ordered him. "Si Capo" (Yes boss) he answered and I hung up. "Try to lose them bella" I told her and she nodded, pushing her leg further on the gas pedal. She is a damn good driver.

I rolled down the window and tried to shoot them. Luckily, there were very few cars on the highway. I shot on one of the wheels making their car severe. There was one more car following us. I aimed at the front glass and shot the driver. The glass was not bulletproofed. Fucking amateurs, I thought. I made sure there was no one following us and ducked my head inside exhaling loudly. I glanced at Isabella. She was literally shaking and her knuckles were white due to the grip on the wheel.
I gently placed my hand on her hand making her loosen the grip as she glanced at me. I rubbed my thumb on back of her palm and she gripped my hand tightly. "It's over cara," I said as softly as I could. She nodded not saying anything.

I sighed and told her, "Take a right from next intersection." She glanced at me and then stared at the road ahead. "But my house isnt that way," she told me. I replied, "I know we are going to the safe house. They would expect us at your house. I can't take that risk. However, we have to stop at the store to buy something. No one has been there to the house since long time so there wouldn't be any food." She nodded and started driving towards the safe house. No one knows about this place other than my family. I called Jacob and explained the situation and our whereabouts. He told me that he would inform the caretaker about our arrival and then hung up.

"I can see a gas station. Should we stop there?" She asked and I nodded. She pulled up at the gas station and ran out of the car. I ran after her and saw her puking her guts out.
I held her hair back and rubbed her back soothingly. She stopped puking and started coughing. I ran into the car and grabbed the water bottle and handed her. She drank the water and calmed down.
She still had tears in her eyes. I wiped them with the pad of my thumb and hugged her whispering sweet nothings in her ear. She was shocked at first but eventually hugged me back.
We stood there for few minutes before she pulled away. "Are you okay?" I asked her softly. I've never comforted any girl other than my mother and sister. This woman is making me do things I've never done. She nodded yes. "Come on. We'll grab some food," I said and started walking with her hand in mine. It felt perfect.

We went inside and started taking things wed need. "Can we take some chocolates?" she asked me softly. I nodded and told her, "You can get anything you want." As I said that she dragged me towards the chocolate aisle. She started searching something and when she found the chocolate her eyes lit up like that of a child when he gets Christmas presents.
She took one chocolate and went towards the other food section. I don't know why but I took some more chocolates and followed her. We grabbed everything we thought we needed and went towards the billing counter.

The guy at the billing counter was looking Isabella like she was piece of a meat. I glanced at her and by her posture I could tell she was uncomfortable under his gaze. I glared at him and put my arm around her waist as she relaxed under my touch. I mentally grinned. She feels comfortable with me, I thought. "Bill?" I snapped at him. He nervously looked at me and handed me the bill, "Its $ 68.50 sir." I handed him hundred dollar bill and told him to keep the change. As we were leaving he called out, "hey baby girl what's your name?" Isabella shrunk into me as I glared at him. I was going to punch him when Isabella put her hand on my bicep calming me down. "I'm driving" I said as we reached the car and opened the door for her to get in. I was still angry as I slid into the driver side.

Here's the next chapter for you guys..

Please Vote and Comment!!

Enjoy!