||07|| Blindsided

Oakley POV

There's one thing I came here to do and one thing only, and there's nothing stopping me from doing it. Not even a man that I can't decide which I want to do more to: slit his throat or fuck him senselessly.

My eyes glanced over August every few minutes as I searched the crowd for Olivia, making sure to throw a smile and a nod so I don't seem out of place. I don't understand where she could have gone in such a short time, and if she wasn't in danger she would have told me where she was off to... right?

The answer is no. She wouldn't have.

Considering the fact that I spotted her blond head of hair sitting on a stool at the bar area. She was busy chatting it up with a guy in a black suit and sucking an olive from her drink off its stem, seductively. Irritation filled my veins.

I walked over to her and the guy, "Oliviaaaa," I sang acting surprised to see her. She looked over at me, "What are you doing here? It's not like we came here together or anything." I said.

She grinned awkwardly, her eyes wide as she spoke, "Oak, hey, I was just being welcoming. You know, introducing myself since he doesn't know all the members of Mafia Dynemo yet—"

"We're not here to introduc—"

"Don't be rude, Oak. Sit down and meet Wilson Dynemo, our new boss."

My eyes widened at her words as I realized what she meant. How could I be so clueless, that's her job most of the time. I looked up at who she was speaking to, to see a fairly broad-shouldered man, he had a goat-T mustache and gray roots that highlighted his brown hair.

"Wilson yes, I'm so sorry, I can be... forgetful sometimes." I lied.

"I didn't know I had such fine ladies working for  me."

Olivia and I both laughed, "We're actually very busy and haven't been around much. I could say I'm just as new as you."

I chose my words carefully because even with the greeting smile on his face, I have a feeling one wrong word could give us up and fuck us over.

He extended his arm to the bar counter and lifted up his drink and took a sip before placing it back down, his eyes on me the entire time.

"In that case how about I have one of my men to show you both around? I was informed Mafia Salvo was planning something tonight, though, the night has been quiet so far. But if things take a left turn, I want you ladies safe."

Well, he was definitely correct, Mafia Salvo was here, just closer than he thinks. Speaking of, I glanced the crowd over to where August was previously standing, but he was gone. I need to end this conversation quickly. If anyone was going to kill Apolo, it would be me.

I looked back at Wilson, "It's fine, I'm sure we can handle our own," I smiled. I grabbed onto Olivia's arm and began to walk away but a strong grip caught at my shoulder.

Turning back around with knitted brows to Wilson, he spoke, "I might have misinterpreted how busy you say you are. Because everyone here knows not to walk away from my orders."

Olivia and I both glanced at each other before I looked back at Wilson. His arm was firmly on my shoulder, any tighter and it would be classified as pain. I fought the urge that was burning inside me to pull out the gun on my thigh and use it on him. My heartbeat quickened as I questioned whether I have to do that either way; had he realized I wasn't a part of the mafia?

"My apologies," I said.

He released his grip and inclined his head in a nod and pulled out his phone. He typed a quick text and put it back in his pocket.