026

JONAH MARAIS

I smile at the girls as they all dance around in the Seavey brothers backyard. "Okay 1 step forward 3 steps back." Lottie says. "Okay girls it's time." we all walk to the living room and sit down.

A piano stars to play. "the thing about this whole thing is we each have a song. And we got permission to write this song and put it into this thing. And the best part about writing this was, were able to.... we were able to show people how things really are. not everything is perfect." Lottie says. "It's truly a wonderful thing to be able to show this and move on." Ray says.

"Like which lover will I get today? Will you walk me to the door or send me home crying." Ray says with a small smile. the piano gets louder as a white screen lights up.

"Called you on the phone today, Just to ask you how you were All I did was speak normally. Somehow, I still struck a nerve. You got me fucked up in the head, boy Never doubted myself so much. Like, am I pretty? Am I fun, boy? I hate that I give you power over that kinda stuff." Lotties voice flows through the room. background voices were heard.

"How is that any different. Nothing changes that." a girl with red hair was telling at a blonde boy. he shouts back at her as the piano gets louder.

"'Cause it's always one step forward and three steps back. I'm the love of your life until I make you mad. It's always one step forward and three steps back, Do you love me, want me, hate me? Boy, I don't understand, No, I don't understand." Ray sings as the girl just watches as he boy yells at her. it skips to them laying down. she gets up.

"1 step forward 3 steps back." she whispered to herself. "It's always one step forward and three steps back." she does the same dance the girls were doing outside.

"And maybe in some masochistic way, I kind of find it all exciting. Like, which lover will I get today? Will you walk me to the door or send me home crying?"

"It's one step forward and three steps back. I'm the love of your life until I make you mad. It's always one step forward and three steps back. Do you love me, want me, hate me? Boy, I don't understand." Lottie sings as the girl writes stuff down on a paper.

"What are you doing?" she turns and smiles. "I'm writing random things." she says as she goes back to writing. the top of the page said Hope Ur Ok.

"No, it's back and forth, did I say something wrong? It's back and forth, going over everything I said. It's back and forth, did I do something wrong? It's back and forth, maybe this is all your fault instead." Lottie sings as her and Ray show up on the screen.

"It's one step forward and three steps back. And I'd leave you, but the rollercoaster's all I've ever had. Yeah, it's one step forward and three steps back, Do you love me, want me, hate me? Boy, I don't understand. No, I don't understand." Ray finished off as she grabs Lotties hand.

"Ready?" Lottie asked and she nods. "One step forward and three steps back." she says. Lottie nods. They take one step forward and three back. "I don't think-" Ray takes more steps back and looks at a shocked Lottie.

"W-what are you doing?" she smiles. "Moving on." she says as tears start to come to her eyes. "Quimbley-" she smiles and stars laughing. "I'm ready. Me and You." she turns and starts to walk away. "OH MY GOD YES!!" Ray laughs. "COME ON LOTS!!" she runs to her.