Chapter Four

"Fuck." I mutter and screech to a stop outside her house. I run up to her door, pounding so hard the frame almost shakes. Lights come on and she opens it with exhaustion on her face.

"Are you okay?" I demand, she nods. Her tired eyes drooping as she shrugs on her robe with a small shiver.

"What are you doing here?" She yawns, her curly hair messy.

"Whatever happens, don't answer this door unless you know it's me. Please?" I beg. She quickly nods, but uncertainty and curiosity enters her eyes.. I sigh in relief, relaxing my shoulders.

"Thank you. I'll hopefully see you in the morning." I say and push her gently into her house. I shut her door after telling her to lock it behind me. Once I hear the click, I jump into my car and go to the party. The party is at a very rundown home, but it's a large one. Drunken girls are grinding against people in the party.

People are passed out on the lawn and I can smell the drugs in the air. I go into the kitchen and see the gang leader who threw this party. His name is Kaine and he is ruthless. His wife got killed last year from a raid and he started to kill more, torture more, and party more. I feel sorry for him, but he has been giving me trouble lately.

"Kaine." I greet with a nod. He looks at me, away from his new slut.

"Jayden." He replies, chugging his beer. I resist the urge to scoff in disgust and walk over to him.

"What is the business you wanted to discuss?" I get right to the point, exasperation and anger crosses Kaine's face. His eyes are as black as coal, his black hair and dark skin made him look even more dangerous than he already is.

"Can't I just invite you to a party to enjoy yourself?" He slurs, I silently sigh.

"Of course, Kaine. But you never talk to me unless it's for business." I say, hiding my irritation as his slut tries to seduce him, in front of me. Just fucking great!

"I'm cutting my ties with you. Our alliance is broken. My son, who lives a couple of cities over, lost his girlfriend about a year ago. She lives here in this city, under your protection. My spies confirmed it. Unless you'll help me... convince her that going back to him is a good choice, our alliance is broken." He tells me coldly. The dots connect. Dawn. Furious, I punch him and quickly leave.

Why the fuck didn't she tell me? I punch his wall, black dots clouding my vision. I storm out to my car and drive to her house, slamming on the breaks outside her home. I scowl and race to her door. She better still be safe or I'm going to kill the guard I stationed outside her house.

I bang on the door. "Dawn! Open the damn door!" I shout. Lights turn on throughout the house and the door is yanked open by a furious Dawn. Emmie is in her arms, awake and slightly terrified by my tense figure.

"What the hell!" She yells, Emmie whimpers and Kieran quickly takes Emmie away from Dawn. I storm inside, tense and angry from what I heard. Also, I'm slightly terrified she'll be killed.

"I can't explain, but I need you guys to pack and move into my home!" I burst out, she stares at me shocked and angry.

"I still barely know you! I've only known you for a few days and you think I'll trust you enough to not hurt my family! No! I will not move into your home!" She screams, her beautiful honey eyes stare at me in anger.

"Dawn, sweetheart, you need to listen to me." I say softly, she glares at me and clenches her jaw.

"No. Get out. You woke me up, for the second time might I add, and demand for me to pack and blindly go with you. Get out. Get the fuck out!" Her voice steadily rises to a scream. I tense my jaw and storm out. My heart cracking at the thought of losing her. I angrily get into my car and speed to my mansion, calling five more men to guard her home and trail after her.

I text her the address of the job that I payed a guy to get her. I hope she takes it because then I can keep an eye on her. I park my car into my huge garage and storm into my mansion.

It's seven stories, thirty-three bedrooms, ten of which are master bedrooms, three huge kitchens, a game room, a movie theater, an inside pool and outside pool, two hot tubs, five huge living rooms, open floor plan, and my garage holds my five cars. Nobody lives with me, and nobody knows where I live except Dagger and Ryker.

I storm up the stairs to my bedroom to change into my workout clothes. My garage may hold my cars, but it's also my personal gym. A ringing fills my ears, the memories of tonight clouding my mind, and I don't feel anything as I punch the punching bag over and over. I don't stop until I see morning light filtering through the garage door windows.

I take a shower, get dressed, and go to school exhausted and angry. All throughout the day she ignored me, pretended I didn't exist. At lunch, she left, and I noticed she was wearing good clothes. Dressed to impress you could say. I hope she's taking that job.

Dagger and Ryker skipped school today and is right now on their way to Florida to pick up a package from Europe. My thoughts drift back to Dawn and her siblings. I sigh. I lost my only chance with her because I got freaked out about her impending doom and the need to keep her safe. I just pushed her away instead of protecting her.

I hate Kaine. I hate my life. I hate the gang. I hate me. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys pointed out any mistakes I may have made in this book. I hope you've had a great day!

Vote, Comment, Follow!