01 | prison break

CHAPTER ONE — PRISON BREAK

"Why are you sat in a van outside a prison with the surveillance footage on your computer?" — alexia ortega

WITH ALEXIA'S NATURAL GIFT WITH COMPUTERS, IT WASN'T HARD TO FIND HER WAY INTO HER GOVERNMENT'S SERVER AND FROM THERE SHE FOUND HER WAY INTO THE AMERICAN SYSTEM WHERE HER FATHER'S IDENTITY RESIDED

WITH ALEXIA'S NATURAL GIFT WITH COMPUTERS, IT WASN'T HARD TO FIND HER WAY INTO HER GOVERNMENT'S SERVER AND FROM THERE SHE FOUND HER WAY INTO THE AMERICAN SYSTEM WHERE HER FATHER'S IDENTITY RESIDED. For some reason the majority of his file was sealed tighter than any file she had ever seen. Not that she didn't have the capability of hacking her way in, but she decided that to save time it was best not to. Still, it intrigued her. What had her Father done that required that level of encryption?

After finding his location from the part of the file she had managed to discover, the teen quickly packed up what she needed into her hiking bag and set off on her quest. Why Russia of all places, she didn't know. But that was a question for her Father once she found him.

A long-time wish of hers was to travel the world yet she had barely left Spain prior to her quest, so the young teen was anxious about going out on her own. With the help of her Uncle, she boarded a plane to the Mother Country of the world, but from then on she was on her own.

Russia was cold. That was the first thing she noticed upon her arrival. And it soon became clear to the fifteenyearold that Russia was much different to Spain in many aspects. But that was what made it fun. Exploring new places, experiencing new things, it was all a part of travelling and Alexia was loving it.

She tugged on the straps of her backpack, pulling it back up her shoulders as it had the habit of slowly inching its way down. Her head darted around as she tried to take in much as she could, a smile spreading across her lips. It was currently night, almost pitch-black, but the girl had decided earlier that day that before finding somewhere to stay for the evening she would locate where her Father was before going there the following morning.

The prison was up on her left as she leisurely strolled down the poorly lit street. From what she had on the man, she managed to track him here, to Rankow prison. She had no idea what he was in for, but at least it would make visiting much easier. The girl scanned the large building in front of her. She noted the way it was structured, the placement of the guards, the security, basically anything she could know just from looking at its exterior.