03 | boom goes the kremlin

CHAPTER THREE — BOOM GOES THE KREMLIN

"Someone is piggybacking our frequency

"Someone is piggybacking our frequency." — benji dunn

BREAKING INTO THE KREMLIN HAD TO BE SOMETHING OFF OF ALEXIA'S BUCKET LIST

BREAKING INTO THE KREMLIN HAD TO BE SOMETHING OFF OF ALEXIA'S BUCKET LIST. And to add to it all, it appeared that breaking into one of the world's most famous pieces of architecture was about to become their first father/daughter bonding experience. Their plan was well thought out, in theory anyhow, and the teen couldn't help but marvel at what they had put together. It seemed crazy and bizarre, but that just made her love it more.

Alexia was genuinely surprised when they had allowed her to join them in their mission; she must have won them over with her insane hacking skills (her words) which she was quite relieved of. After all, the girl didn't exactly want to return to Cadiz empty handed. In reality, that wasn't exactly the reason.

Whether she was his daughter or not, Ethan couldn't bear the thought of just leaving a child in the middle of nowhere. And after she insisted on not leaving, he might as well try and keep her safe. To him, that meant keeping her close. So, with slight reluctance, he allowed her to join them as long as she didn't leave his sight.

Ethan, Alexia and Benji were disguised for their entry into the Kremlin. Grey bristles of a fake moustache were glued to the former's face as he hid behind aged makeup and a fake uniform. He was meant to be General Anatoly Fedorov which would help gain them access to the files they needed. Both Benji and Alexia were pretending to be his second-in-command and his assistant.

The closest Alexia had ever done to something like this was when she did a school performance and was forced to dress up in some bizarre costume. But that was just a performance, this was real.

As they cautiously strolled across the Kremlin's ground, Alexia pushed her fake reading glasses up to the bridge of her nose before cursing in Spanish at the heels she had to wear. Heels were evil, Alexia quickly decided. She knew there must have been a reason why she hadn't worn them before and this was it.