| 04 |: Serendipity

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 : Bennett, Razor, Chongyun and Xingqiu will be aged up, and I will tell you their ages in the chapter that they first appear in; Bennett has been aged up to 20.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The anemo crystalflies around the winery reminded (y/n) of the man in her dreams. Their soft turquoise glow is reminiscent of his dark hair that is adorned with teal streaks, and the light green tattoo on his right upper arm. She wanted to find out who he is, even if it will take her centuries; there has to be a reason behind his constant appearance in her dreams. By uncovering his identity and his relationship with her, perhaps she could put a stop to his haunting too.

(Y/n) pressed a palm on the side of her head upon realising something. The place in her dreams is no doubt Liyue, there's no mistaking the great mountains around...

'Qingyun Peak? Where's that?' she thought, eyes widening. She couldn't have forgotten because if she actually went there, she definitely would have remembered. Then, another realisation dawned on her; if those dreams were supposed to be a past memory, it wouldn't make sense since she never left Khaenri'ah prior to its destruction. Confused, she gripped her head as she squeezed her eyes shut. In order to maintain her sanity, she needed to suppress everything she's feeling and avoid falling into a state of emotional turmoil. If she lost control of her emotions now, there's no telling what she might do with her hands that have already been stained with blood many times in the past.

(Y/n) suddenly felt a warm hand rub her back, making her open her eyes. She saw Diluc standing next to her, a hint of concern flickering in his eyes. His touch instantly cleared the mist in her head, causing the tension in her body to dissipate.

Was he watching her this whole time?

"D-Diluc," she murmured, sounding as if she was about to cry.

"Are you alright?" he asked, even though he knew that she clearly wasn't a second ago. This was his first time seeing her so vulnerable. The young woman nodded silently in response, and he let out a soft sigh, resisting the urge to ask her what's wrong. "Let's go back inside before your breakfast goes cold. I hope what I cooked is to your liking." He then led her back to his manor, and she followed him without a single word.

After finishing the food Diluc had kindly whipped up for her, she washed herself up before changing back into the maid uniform she was lent yesterday. As she went downstairs to ask the winery owner if there was anything she could help with, he opened the front door to reveal a certain Traveler and his flying companion.

Aether beamed when he spotted (y/n) and waved at her as she approached them. "Good morning, (y/n)! We didn't get the chance to do any shopping yesterday, so I went ahead and got these clothes for you." He proudly held up the gift bag he brought with him to Dawn Winery, and Paimon sniggered beside him.

"He spent an entire hour choosing your outfits~" she chimed, giving him a teasing wink. The (h/c)-haired woman blinked in surprise, having not expected him to go out of his way to buy clothes for her before coming here. With a blush painted on his cheeks, his hand shot out to grab Paimon - only to miss as she retreated to her pocket dimension. Diluc shook his head at their antics, a minuscule smile crawling over his lips.

"A-anyway, here!" Aether exclaimed, shoving the bag into her arms, "Change out of that uniform and we'll- (Y/n)?!" He faltered when he saw her slip the dress off her shoulders, and he let out a string of incomprehensible words while covering his eyes.

Yes, he was somewhat traumatised by his experience of seeing a fully naked woman when they first met in the Spiral Abyss.

Diluc immediately stepped forward to stop her from going any further and grasped her hands, causing her to regard him with a quizzical look.