❯ 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

changbin excused himself to be on the lookout near the exit just in case we needed other options for escape routes. i felt minho's hand press against my arm and i turned around seeing another government official who i recognized being a military lieutenant.
we bowed to each other and minho bowed as well.

pardon me, is she your significant other perhaps?
he asked glancing at minho and i smiled.
my wife.
i said simply, a wave of embarrassment washed over his face and he bowed apologetically.
keep an eye on him, i've seen him with the monsieur a couple of times.
minho whispered as he left.

he tapped on my shoulder again and he made me whip my head towards one of our targets, he was in ties with the governor we're tracking and minho said he's a member of the gem council, which is a secret circle of superiors the mafia formed to pursue different illegal forms. if we can't get answers from the governor, we'll just get it from him. according to minho, one could be surprised at how many filthy officials are there in the government and military. i deduced that since the mafia owns many illegal activities and sites they don't know of that they're taking for granted, it became a evidence for the mafia to hold these officials by the throat and play like puppets. the mafia blackmails them into getting away with everything when it comes to the law. it kept them the most powerful all these years. minho wasn't telling me something so that's all i could put together so far regarding this case.
he's a senator, he should've known better.
was all i said and minho tried to make up a plan to approach him without stirring up trouble to the other guests he's talking to.

we saw the lieutenant walk to us again.
i'm still in shame for my actions a while back but i did notice it is my first time seeing you, please, do join us, we might even make a wonderful friendship.
he presented the small group of people with the senator, we bowed thanks to him and went to the small huddle of people, this is making it easier for us to keep him close.

we had a casual talk, exchanging introductions and greetings.
if it is to your comfort, please do tell us more about you, your background and family and such, who knows maybe we could keep a close tie of partnership regarding business.
the lady beside minho asked whom was introduced as the daughter of a high class luxury brand. minho glanced at me with slightly pursed lips but i kept my subtle smile.
it is alright ms. jung, my father is a prosecutor in sydney, where my family is. my grandfather owned a lot of cruise ships and his own island to which he offers rental to foreigners. if you ever plan to visit australia, i could sure ask for a special reservation.
i simply said.

joyous expressions lit up their faces while i felt minho's grip loosen on my arm.
how luxurious, i suppose you're here in korea for vacation?
i smirked.
yes, on a honeymoon with my wife, she had close relations with the governor and he asked us to attend in his place instead.
i tried not to flinch as minho pressed his fingers unto my arm at the word "honeymoon".