Part 24: The Phone Call (Sunday)

When we woke up the next day, it was almost noon. We cuddled in bed for a little while as I rested my head on Adam's chest, and he nuzzled against my hair. It felt great to be wrapped in his arms, but slowly we were both getting really hungry, so there was no other way but to get up. We took a shower in the bathroom adjacent to his room, put on some jeans and T-shirts, and headed downstairs.

I had brought a bag with some clothes, a toothbrush, and skincare products a few weeks ago when I first stayed over. I only brought it home once in a while to change the clothes for the fresh ones. I was glad our parents didn't mind either of us staying over anymore. It seemed that ever since our fathers' meeting, everyone was fine with us being together. It seemed that even my dad was less hostile to Adam now, and no one was happier to see that than me.

When we came downstairs, his mom was already preparing everything for a family lunch. Adam had told me that on weekends the maid had days off, so they all shared the chores around the house.

"Come on, lovebirds, give me a hand. You came just on time," Brigitte called to us as soon as she spotted us. "Today, we will eat outside on the terrace. Come, help me bring the plates and cutlery."

We came towards the kitchen where she was standing, taking out the plates from the cupboard. She had already finished cooking, and it smelled delicious. We greeted her and started taking out the cutlery, glasses, and drinks. As soon as she left the kitchen, Adam stepped behind me, pretending to be reaching up and taking something from the compartment over my head. In the process, he was squishing me with his body against the kitchen counter. It tried to push him back, but he was too heavy.

"Hey, watch it," I said with a fake offended voice while trying to push him off with my elbows. "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you," he said, pulling slightly away to give me more space to breathe, now tickling me. I wriggled while trying to push his hands away. "You are so bad," I said, giggling.

Suddenly his mom came back to the kitchen to get more things. "Awww, you two remind me so much of Christian and me when we were younger," she said, giving us that dreamy look of hers again. "Ok, ok, mom, we will bring these out. Just no more stories, please!" Adam said before she could continue.

She scowled at him and said: "You will see, once you will have pups of your own, and they will refuse to listen to your stories. I would like to see what you will say then." "Good, that's why we won't tell them any!" he said quickly and walked out with those plates. He was too cute, and I just had to chuckle. Brigitte laughed too and shook her head.

During lunch, Brigitte was chatting with us happily, and Alpha Christian was as serious as always. I tried to ask him about the current pack affairs, but his answers were always short and straight to the point. I asked him about our alliances as well. He said we have only one so far, and they were working on making more.

We were all surprised when he said he might have to visit some of the neutral packs this week and that he wanted to bring Adam. They would be gone only for two days, and they would visit two other packs. One of them was called Yellow Tails, and the other Wolf's Bane. I always thought the second one had an unfortunate name. They probably meant it as a threat to other packs, but in the end, they werewolves too, so weren't they their own bane as well? Whoever named their pack obviously hasn't thought things through.

Other than names, I didn't know much about either of the two packs. They were both about an eight-hour drive from Knight's Blood territory.

On that note, Alpha Christian told Adam he wants to discuss some pack things with him in the afternoon. I didn't want to hang around waiting for him, so I said I wanted to go home and that I would like to attend to some pack matters as well.