HEAVEN

tw— verbal? abuse, vulgarities, death of a loved one, negative thoughts, running away from home lol & you only have atsumu 🤤

"heaven lies under your mother's feet, so you better respect me."

your mother spoke, eyes filled with nothing but rage as she spewed endless insults at you.

you just sighed and nodded, going onto your phone and texting your boyfriend, atsumu. you heard your mother threaten to not care about you anymore, leaving you to nothing and confessing your every mistake to your strict father. with pursed lips, you let out a breath and mumbled an 'okay' to your mother before she left your room.

as soon as you heard the door slam, you threw your head back and groaned. another day, another scolding. growing up, you had deemed your parents to be kind, loving and amazing. however, that all changed once you had entered your adolescence.

your grandma, the glue that kept your family together, passed away once you were thirteen. at the time, you had started to receive your parents' meaningless scoldings and insults. they were seldom at first but they only become more frequent once your grandma had left the cruel world.

she was an angel, truly. a bright smile was always seen on her face. she protected you and comforted you whenever your parents lashed out on you. you saw her as your second mother, the one you could lean on whenever your actual mother wasn't happy with you and the person who would spoil you once your mother had lost her job.

the day flew past quickly, surprisingly. after the encounter with your mother, the rest of your day was filled with peace. you weren't really sure why your mother was mad in the first place. you were just lying in bed after a short but tiring day at school.

"you haven't showered, haven't you? when your dad hears about this, he's going mad."

"you only know how to laze around and use your phone,"

"aren't you tired of your dad's scoldings? he's always mad and we always fight because of you!"

every word she said was laced with venom. you couldn't help but bite your lips to stop the sobs wanting to escape your lips. you calmed yourself down and continued using your phone, reading an e-book called 'tuesdays with morrie'.

as your eyes were fixed on the book, your mind was somewhere else. you had been thinking about what your mother had said.

"heaven lies under your mother's feet,"

you scoffed, "the only thing lying under your feet is the ground of the place i regret calling 'home'."

as you were engrossed in your own daydreams, you had failed to hear the doorbell ring. multiple times. it was when you heard the sound of your front door being unlocked and your name being called by your mother that you had snapped out of your dreamland. you were so screwed.

you dragged your feet across the ground with a heavy heart. your heart almost jumped out of your chest. a worried look was present on your face. you could hear your dad and mother's greetings as you stood stationary in the hallway, too nervous to face your parents.

"where's y/n?" your dad asked your mother whose eyes were glued on the television screen.

"in her room. where else would she be?"

you could hear your mother mutter under her breath, "fucking disabled child. can't even open the door for me and do anything right."

you bit the inside of the cheek and made eye contact with your dad.

"have you done your work?" his tone was calm, fortunately.

"yeah." you replied.

"what are you studying tonight?"

"um, maybe math." with that, your dad nodded and entered his room.

you let out a breath you didn't know you had been holding. you felt like a criminal being interrogated by a detective. you were glad he was in a great mood. these days, he always seemed to have a stick up his ass.

you made your way back into your room. you refused to eat for the rest of the day as you didn't want to face your mother. you studied math as per what you told your dad and went to sleep after your study session.

you couldn't wait to see atsumu tomorrow.