σηє ; тнє αυ∂ιтιση

☀️

chapter i ; ❝this is not no love line

chapter i ; this is not no love line.

☀️

"i, um- don't really think you should be telling me this right now, duncan..." you responded gently to the rugged, tough man in front of you, through the phone, and separated by a wall of glass.

no, not a cellphone screen.

but an entire glass partition booth area that separates the visitors from the inmates...

...in jail.

you fumble with the rotary phone handle, trying to find the best angle so you can hear him more clearly through the static the communicator emitted. "...you only have one year left of this place, and soon enough, you'll be free to do as you wish!"

"y/n," the boy with the non-touched-up, faded-green dyed hair rolls his sharp eyes, glaring at you before gently placing his hand on the smudged-up glass window. "you know i love you, right?"

"u-um," you take your pair of e/c's off of him, suddenly finding interest in the cracks in the wooden dividers between the other visitors who came for their loved ones just like you. "m'yeah? i suppose so..."

"okay... because i'm just going to say this once, and, please... don't take this too offensively." duncan taps on the glass to regain your attention and waits for you to place your hand on his, which you quickly respond with doing so. "i don't fucking care if they can hear me. i don't give a shit if they're tapped into this phone right now and listening to everything i'm saying. i don't."

"yep." popping the p, you nod slowly as you soak in every word to his rant, clearly getting bored of the same-old semantics: he doesn't care, then he gets in trouble...

...and it goes on, and on, and on, and on, and so forth.

"that camp - when i win - will be the only way i can get away from this place, this town, this country- and fast. you know me, y/n... i am so goddamn impatient!" duncan removes his hand from the glass, pounding his pointer finger haggardly into the white wooden butcher block countertop to drive his points across to you.

lifting up your gaze to him with sympathy etched all over your features, you wanted to just take away his hurt, but you also didn't want to continue forward in enabling his crude behavior even moreso.

"...and i also miss you, bun." he retracts his free hand from the counter all together, placing it onto his lap as he gingerly inspects your face. "so, so much."