Issue 18: Power Up

"Alright, let me try to wrap my head around this. There are multiple different universes that exist, some of them more similar to mine than others, and you've created this portal thing to bring the strongest into your universe to create the ultimate Legion of Doom to defeat both The Justice League and The Original Legion?"

"In a way yes."

"How do you know everyone you pull out of that portal is gonna go along with your plans? Villains aren't exactly the least egotistical people out there."

"I don't. The smart ones will listen and join willingly and others will be injected with one of these." I said brandishing the brain chip. "A device that affects the brainwaves and will cause those who refuse to listen to be forced to listen."

"Alright you're fucking with me now, there's no way that little bitty thing can actually cause someone to-"

"Louise Lincoln and Cheshire, dance with each other!" I commanded. Louise had a look of anger on her face and it went from a pale blue complexion to one of fire red while Cheshire simply said "Oh, boy, here we go." Cheshire grabbed Louise's shoulder and Louise pulled in Cheshire by her waist before they grabbed each other's free hand and began to waltz.

"Get your hands off of me!" Louise shouted.

"You first, toots." Cheshire simply responded.

"Just last night Cheshire was sent here to assassinate me. Louise has been here for a few days recovering from her tragic demise but has not been very open to being a team player and has also tried to kill me at least twice, yet they now follow my every will. And when she wakes up we're going to see how well my device works on both beings from other universes and how they work on Kryptonians." I said gesturing over to Supergirl. "And for God's sakes can someone bandage up her legs? We don't want to ruin our new toy before we even get the chance to use it."

"Are you some sort of super genius?" Volcana asked.

"Yes."
"No." I glared at Mercy after her answer.

"So you were Lex Luthor's best buddy in this universe and when he kicked the bucket he gave all your assets to you?"

"Indeed."

"Strange. In my universe I've never heard of you."

"To be fair, to my knowledge there's no record of a Volcana in our universe."

"So I'll be able to fit right in without anyone wondering how two of me randomly appeared? Nice."

"I believe we've been cordial long enough." Black Manta stated.

"I agree with the fish hunter." Star Sapphire said. "What's it going to be Volcana?"

"Well considering that there's about 10 of you and one of me, there's no way for me to get back to my universe and I was looking for a fresh start anyways, I guess I can see through this little thing. It'll be nice to see how far you make it with this 'kill the Justice League' thing."

"Excellent. So I believe we can officially call this portal a success." I triumphantly said.

"I've gotta say, kid. I'm already impressed." Cold said.

"Yeah, Yeah that's all fine and dandy now can we stop fucking dancing!?" Louise shouted.

"I never said how long you needed to dance, only that you had to dance. You could've stopped after five seconds." I said.

"What!?" Frost looked over and pushed Cheshire away.

"Well you'll never get better at the choreography with that attitude." Cheshire said.