Chapter 10. La Baque Almeriase

"Don't be shy, click the vote button"

Music added for dramatic effect, play it if required

The night was cold. Very cold in fact. But Aerona was warm as she sat close next to Fíriel. His tall, bulky frame towered over her small one.

She felt comfort aganist him, her eyes feeling immensely heavy.

The sound of the hooves, a melancholic lullaby of the seven winds.

She hummed slowly, without even knowing. But no one except Fíriel heard it. He touched her shoulder and he felt her swaying sleepily. He sighed silently, stretched her wings slowly to her side, he pulled her to his chest.

Aerona did not want to argue as she was tired. So she slowly leaned to his broad shoulder. Tiny snores vibrated against his armor.

Fíriel felt his lip tug on the corners.

'She snores when she sleeps, don't mind that. But I consider it really charming to her nature' Fraskier said as he leaned towards him. Their horses bumping slightly.

'She looked really tired' Fíriel murmured, so as not to wake the Almeris.

'She's always tired. I doubt she ever journeyed this far' Tyrill said while pulling his horse's reins and guiding it towards a small path. 'When we first met, she was in quite a delimma'.

'What delimma?' Fraskier raised his eyebrows and Fíriel looked at him, curiosity etched clearly on their features.

'I rescued Aerona from the hands of the men of Rudark' Tyrill began when Fíriel gasped 'Rudark? The mad village?'. 'The very same. I do believe she had killed at least a few but she did not know her defences so got caught'.

Tyrill looked up the sky and sighed 'Her family got killed by the ruthless men. So she had no place to stay or anyone to protect. I decided to take to her to an old village, so she could work and make a living', Tyrill chuckled, 'But an old man wanted her as his wife, almost getting forced to marry someone, she doesn't love'.

After saying that Tyrill turned his face, unable to face them.

Fíriel's face grew more confused. He rubbed his stubbled chin in contemplation.

'I see you have quite an incident yourself' Fraskier put forward.

Tyrill nodded but said nothing.

'So it means she has no quest' Fraskier said while tapping his boots aganist the saddle.

'How did she and her family of Almeris live alive for so long in that horrid village?' Fíriel asked surprise evidently glowed in his eyes.

'Oh her family were not Almeris. She had told me, that the family who got killed, were the people who adopted her' Tyrill said.

Fíriel looked at the Almeris. A new emotion shone in his cold heart. Sympathy.

And no one spoke after that. Sound of the hooves, crickets and the Aerona's calm snores accompanied them. A new faith rose in them.