Chapter 2

You adjusted your bonnet for what seemed like the fifth time that night. Your body refused to sleep as thoughts of Vinnie and his green eyes filled your head.

Throwing the blanket off your body you made your way to the window hoping the cool night air would lull you into sleep.

As you looked out your window you realized there was a window from the neighbors house that was directly opposite of yours. Looking closer you show the outline of someone moving around. A light was turned on in the room and you realized it was Vinnie.

Vinnie's room was directly across from yours.

Groaning you put you head in your hands cursing the universe for this new predicament.

Peering closer at the window you saw Vinnie take his shirt off, his abs seemed to glisten in the light as he stretched his arms above his head. Suddenly  he glanced across the way looking in your direction

"Crap" you quickly stumbled away from your window embarrassed from being caught.

"Oh god I cannot believe he caught me staring at him." You grumbled to yourself making your way back to the bed.

Just as soon you got back under the covers you heard a knock at your window.

I must be hearing things, maybe the sight of Vinnie's abs is making me crazy.

You closed your eyes once more and tried to sleep

"Open the window angel it's cold out here"

Your eyes shot open as you heard the familiar timbre of Vinnie's voice. You hurried towards the window and found Vinnie sitting outside your window with his signature grin plastered all on his face.

"Hi sweetheart" he whispered as he quietly climbed through the window careful not to make any loud noises.

"What on earth are you doing" you whispered angrily as Vinnie made himself comfortable on your bed arms laid behind his head.

"I couldn't get you out of mind I had to see you again", he ran his fingers through his hair looking up at you, green eyes twinkling with mischief.
"Why are you standing so far away from me angel, come sit over here." He patted the spot next to him on the bed.

Sighing deeply you slowly made your way over to your bed.

Staring at the ceiling Vinnie began to talk,

"I know it's crazy y/n but for some reason I feel like I've known you forever." Hands still placed behind his hands he looked over at you smiling softly.

You could stare at him like this forever. You felt almost frozen in the moment you'd never met any boy who looked at you the way Vinnie did, like there was no other girl he ever wanted to see.

You kind of liked it.

You smiled back at him and scooted closer to him. "I don't know Vinnie maybe we're soulmates or something." The scent of his cologne filled your senses and began to cloud your judgement.

His hands grabbed your waist and began to pull you closer.

"Maybe you're right y/n, maybe we are soulmates"

Staring into each other's eyes Vinnie pulled of your pink bonnet letting your braids cascade down your shoulders. 

"You're so gorgeous" he muttered before he pulled you in even closer until you could feel the mint from his breath fanning across your cheeks.

"Let me kiss you please?"

You were at a loss for words, the moment stealing any lingering breath you had. Slowly you nodded  your head as his eyes kept darting to your lips.

Vinnie took your chin between his fingers and pulled your lips to his slowly closing the distance. The intensity of the kiss grew has he placed his hands in your hair bringing your bodies closer than you thought possible.

Y'all's lips moved in sync as you slid your fingers through his hair gripping it slightly, deepening the kiss. Vinnie groaned before he slowly untangled his hands from your hair.

"I should go angel, if I don't stop now I'm afraid we'll do something you'll regret."

Giving you one last peck he swiftly pulled away reaching for the window. Vinnie looked back and have you a wink before ducking out.