IV

It's a chaste kiss, only lasting a few moments. More a brush of lips than anything.

But it's Tom. I kissed Tom, wonderful beautiful perfect Tom, and he kissed me back.

When we part, I'm not sure whether to keep my hands on his waist or wait for him to run away. His eyes are closed, and his face is serene.

"Was that okay?" I ask. My voice trembles as I watch him.

His eyes open slow and he smiles soft. "Yeah, it was okay."

I don't have any words that could make this moment more than what it is, so I pull him into my chest and we stand in silence.

It's so peaceful, holding him while snow drifts all around us. I'm hardly nervous anymore. All I feel is bliss.

That feeling lasts for a few heavenly moments before we remember we have snow down our backs and in between our toes and neither of us are even wearing gloves.

"So you can shower at my place, if you want to," he says. We walk back to the park bench to get our bags. I'm still not sure what I can do and what I can't, but he easily takes my frozen hand in his and oh, suddenly I'm a little less cold.

"Yeah, thanks," I say. "I don't really have any clothes I could change into, though." I don't add what we both know, that his clothes probably wouldn't fit on my body.

He waves it off. "My dad just bought some new clothes that are too big for me. I've only worn them once or twice as pajamas, so they're clean. Besides," he says, looks at me and grins, "isn't that a couple thing? To wear each others' clothes?"

Oh. Oh, oh, oh. Couple. He just called us a couple. I check my free hand to make sure I only have five fingers.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I think I saw somewhere that you can tell you're dreaming if you have like. Six fingers."

"Where did you see that?" He's laughing at me.

I cough. "Teen Wolf."

He laughs again, louder.

I roll my eyes and shove him. "C'mon, don't you have a guilty pleasure show?"

He bites his lip, and kicks a bit of ice on the sidewalk.

"C'mooooonn. Tell me. Is it Gossip Girl? Naruto? Oh my god, that's it, isn't it. You watch Naruto."

He shoves me back. "No, Jesus." He sighs. "Okay, but you can't laugh."

"You laughed at Teen Wolf!"

"Shut up, this is worse!"

I deadpan. "Okay. No laughing, I swear on the soul of our future cell model."

He doesn't even blink at that, only blushes and pushes his hair away from his face. "It's Octonauts."

I stare at him. "Oh my god."

He blushes harder. "Shut up."

"Oh my god, that's adorable."

"Shut up, oh my god I shouldn't have told you-"

I tighten my fingers around his as we walk. He's smiling and still blushing and I'm sure I am too. I don't even mind the cold that's starting to sink into my bones, I'm too busy being in love with the boy next to me.

"So," he says after a moment of quiet. "Being with me is like a dream?"

I glance at him, suddenly nervous again. His mouth is tilted up on one side, more sweet than mischievous.