Chapter One: Nico PoV

AN: This is my first fanfic. Please give me constructive criticism!

If I do something that annoys you when I'm writing (ex. Writing your when you should write you're or writing quotation marks 'like this' or ,like this, or anything else that you find annoying. I don't actually do these, but they bug me) please let me know!

I haven't seen any Bucky-Nico brothers fanfics and their timelines actually line up well. It's been a while since I watched Marvel. If I get something wrong, let me know.

I may be smudging some facts!

Sorry for the long AN, I won't do it normally.

Edited, Word count: 1685

I woke up, groggily taking in my surroundings. Last I remembered, A horde of monsters was surrounding me. I'd tried to call ghosts and skeletons for assistance, but they failed to answer my summons.

"Nico Di Angelo," the monsters hissed, growled, and shrieked, "Ghost king, where are your allies?"

I frantically whipped out my sword and started slashing and stabbing my enemies. Only the monsters wouldn't stop coming, and I was weak from my attempts at summoning the dead. I was bleeding everywhere. My shirt was torn, and my clothes dripped with sweat. A monster then stabbed me in the shoulder. I knew I had to run.

I gathered the remaining shriveled bits of power inside me, and I shadow traveled. Camp Half-Blood was too far, but maybe Sally could help me. I remembered landing in an alley and then slowly falling unconscious.

I scanned the room. Wherever I was, I certainly wasn't at Percy's. There was an IV drip in my arm and a ton of fancy medical equipment everywhere. I wasn't in the Infirmary at the Big House back at camp, and it looked like I might be at a mortal hospital. How was I going to explain this to the mortals? The mist could only hide so much from the humans. I started panicking. How long had I been in here? Will was going to be so worried. My thoughts switched to Italian, and I started wondering if anyone was going to appear.

Just as I was about to stand up, a man walked through the door. He was tall, wore glasses, had a fair complexion, and had dark hair.

"I see you're awake. I'm Dr. Bruce Banner. I found you on the streets this morning badly injured and brought you here to heal you. You are currently in Avengers Tower. I have some questions on how you got those injuries." The doctor glanced at Nico's chest pointedly and gestured at it with his clipboard. He must have also seen all my scars.

"Dove sono? Cos'è la torre degli Avengers? Devo andare!"("Where am I? What's Avengers' Tower? I need to go!") I kept rambling in Italian, my ADHD taking hold.

The doctor then went outside and called for a translator. Two people walked in. First came a red-headed woman in her early 30s or late 20s with a severe Annabeth-type expression. She looked like some sort of assassin. I swear I saw the telltale glint of steel inside her leather jacket.

The second person looked eerily familiar. He also seemed to be in his early 30s or late 20s and had the same assassin look. His hair was black, though, but he also had fair skin. He reminded me vaguely of my past and the 1940s.

For an instant, he reminded me of my brother, Francesco. He had a different father than Bianca and me, so he wasn't a demigod. When we'd immigrated from Italy, my mom managed to change his name to something more American to help him fit in. Then, because of the Lotus Casino, we never saw him again.