Get to know Grace Collins!

In celebration of Wattpad Books publishing Creatures of the Night we interviewed the author Grace Collins (aka cloudedwithstories)! You can buy your copy today wherever books are sold.

Grace Collins first discovered her love for writing when she posted her ideas online at the age of thirteen. She has a BA in psychology and French, and is currently pursuing a master's degree in education. Her debut novel, Creatures of the Night, has amassed over one million reads online and received a Watty Award for Horror and Paranormal. Grace lives in Aotearoa/New Zealand and enjoys spending time in nature, traveling, and learning new languages.

What is your favourite book?

My all-time favourite book is The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.

What TV show are you currently obsessed with right now?

I'm guilty of just rewatching my favourite shows over and over. I'm currently working my way through my third rewatch of Brooklyn 99.

What is one app you would not be able to go without using even for just one day?

My life wouldn't be the same without Google Maps. I use it anytime I go anywhere, even when I already know the way. Because what if there's traffic?

Who is your biggest hero?

My parents. They're selfless, loving, and always looking to improve themselves.

Where is your happy place?

Anywhere in nature.

Who is your OTP?

Anyone who knows me knows that I think Peeta Mellark is the most pure-hearted human in the entire world. So I have to say Peeta and Katniss from The Hunger Games.

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

I have to change up where I'm writing every so often or I'll get bored. But I always prefer writing at night, and annoyingly, usually get most inspired at 2am.

What motivates you to work hard?

People! My readers, all my writer friends who stay up late for sprints or message me on instagram, and every single person who has ever sent me words of encouragement. Apparently being extremely busy motivates me, too, because I work hardest on my books when I have five assignments I should be doing instead.

What makes you laugh the most?

My friends!

What is your favourite animal?

I've always loved giraffes. So much so that I used to have an email address dedicated to them.

What are your hobbies?

I love camping, road trips, tramping, learning new languages, scuba diving. Essentially anything to do with adventuring outdoors and I'm in!

How would your friends describe you?

I think they'd describe me as trustworthy and supportive.

What is the tallest building you've been to the top in?

The Sky Tower in Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland!

Who would you want to attend your dream dinner party? (dead or alive)

My dream dinner party would be full of all my online friends. Oh, and Taylor Swift.

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Full!

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

A bit of both.

If you had to describe yourself as an animal which one would you be?

Probably a dog because I love being around people and being outside.

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Each summer my family has been going to a small beach town up north to spend time with family friends at their bach.

What are your pet peeves?

When people constantly cut others off/talk over others in a conversation.

What is your ideal way to spend a weekend?

If I could have it my way every weekend would be summer. And summer weekends are dedicated to going to the beach with friends or finding new nature walks.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

I'm currently working on the sequel to Creatures of the Night!