t h i r t y - o n e (rewriting)

"She's waiting for you"

Kylie River

The week went by pretty fast.

When I got to my apartment I closed the door and took a deep breath before leaning against it and closing my eyes for a brief moment.

I had so much to do this week. I haven't been working for so long and had to catch up on a lot of all of the ideas I had started. I spent the whole week at the office and it already felt like it had become my second home.

After it was announced that Dray will take over the whole company next year and Mrs. Ville will leave the business, Mrs. Ville asked me to meet her on Friday.

Today is Friday.

I was still surprised by the news.

After all, I thought that even if I didn't want to talk to Dray, I could always turn to Mrs. Ville about my projects.

Soon it won't work anymore. Soon I'll have to go to him with every little thing that happens to me or with every little idea I have.

I have changed my mind a little. Not entirely, but partially.

I have concluded that I cannot completely stay away from him. It just doesn't work when he's my boss. Now and then we'll bump into each other anyway and I can't help it. I can just try not to talk to him that much.

He's ignoring me anyway and pretending we don't know each other so it probably won't be that difficult to do it.

He broke me.

Even if I need to concentrate only on myself, I cannot sleep peacefully without know what caused Dray to disappear so quickly that day.

Yes, I said I don't want to know and that I don't care, but I don't know if that's true.

If he would tell me I could finally finish it once and for all.

I would never tell anyone what happened that evening. I just can't do it and just try to put the thought aside. That will be the easiest way.

I don't have much contact with Tom anymore.

We are good friends and recently dined together, but that's all there is to it. Now and then he comes by and asks me how I am, which I appreciate very much, but there isn't more than friendship.

I'm pretty glad we're still friends. I didn't want to lose him.

Ashley told me that he'd been hanging out with Ruby a lot lately.

After everything that happened, I didn't want to question him about her.

She just seemed even more unsympathetic to me than she was before.

Somehow she had changed her attitude towards me. Not in a good way, but she just ignored me, which gave me a strange feeling.

She knows something.

If Tom starts something with her, I will
be happy for him, but I don't know if she is good for him.

Well, after all, she had reached her goal, right? In the end, I never knew whether she really wanted Tom or Dray.