Idiots

Ladybug had a great reason for the no transforming whilst drunk rule, and for the past four years it had been kept, but like any good rule at some point it had to be broken.

Four years ago -Ladybug's birthday week

"Happy eighteenth birthday, Bugaboo."

Chat had arrived on patrol with an array of gift bags in his hands. Ladybug marvelled at what he'd done before finding her voice.

"That seems like a lot."

"A thank you would be nice." He walked over to Ladybug and placed the bags around her.

She wrapped her arms around him and placed a kiss on his cheek in thanks for the generosity he'd lavished upon her.

She looked at the different sizes of gift bag; two big, one medium, a bottle bag and a small one. Five gift bags in total. Now, it was quite obvious what was in the bottle bag so that's the one she chose to open first. Allowing her hand to wander inside, she pulled out a bottle of pink champagne. Armand de Brignac Brut Rosé, from Fortnum and Mason's in the United Kingdom.

They'd recently been over to help with the London Miraculous holders and Ladybug had happened to mention her trip to the famous Fortnum and Mason store, she'd also mentioned the fact she'd seen this beautiful bottle of pink champagne. It was £500 and she was in shock that he'd brought it.

As she flapped around her words, he couldn't help but laugh and pull out two personalised crystal glasses from the medium bag. One engraved with a bug, the other a cat. Popping open the cork, he poured two glasses and egged Ladybug on to continue opening her presents.

Neither were big drinkers. In fact, Marinette could count on one hand how many times she had a drink. Nino's birthday, Alya's birthday and Adrien's birthday, that was it. She may have had sips here and there but she'd never got to a point where she was drunk. Yet, here she was downing glass after glass as she laughed and joked with her kitty.

She looked in the two large bags; a Ladybug and Chat Noir Eiffel Tower lego set, complete with the original Hawkmoth, and a Banana Noir pyjama set. She placed a kiss on his cheek as a thank you and finished off the remaining champagne. They were both giddy and giggly as Chat threw the final bag at her.

It was small and contained a box. For a moment, Ladybug thought he'd brought her jewellery and she wasn't sure about what she thought. Alas, when it was opened she saw two tickets. Not just any tickets though, VIP passes to Disneyland Paris.

In sheer excitement, Ladybug shot up and made her way to the happiest place on Earth, her Chaton in toe. All that needed to be said after that was two drunk heroes and fast theme park rides. It did not end well!

The only evidence of their shenanigans were the social media posts and the public apology they needed to make to Paris for their undesirable behaviour. Both had been teetotal since.

•••••

"You transform and I swear I'm not coming to the wedding." Alya held Marinette's arms back as she whimpered.

"Please, I need huggles with my warm kitty cat."

"Marinette, no! I'll take your earrings out."

"Just try Rena and I'll ban you from the main squad. Now, if you'll leave me alone, I'm going to find my kitty cat." Without a moment's hesitation Marinette called on her spots and pushed Alya onto the bed, swinging herself out the window.

Using a select choice of words, Alya called Nino's cell phone. He better have a good hand on the cat.

•••••