Chapter 95

Warnings: back to our regular format, same warnings as it always has been

Rating: SFW

"What's happening!?" Even asked.

"And just when things were going well," Ienzo said.

"Something's wrong. Shut it down!" Ansem the Wise said.

In a world of sea and sky, you and Kairi slowly opened your eyes. The two of you held up your hands to block the bright light of the sun. You and Kairi looked around at the blue expanse, the water beneath your feet a perfect reflection of the sky above it.

"This place..." Kairi said.

"Huh? You've been here before?" you asked.

"Yeah, with Sora." The two of you walked forward through The Final World, stopping to watch the ripples in the water. Suddenly, your and Kairi's head throbbed and the two of you screamed out in pain, your worlds spinning. There was a flash–a memory.

A man in a unicorn mask was running down a trail, carrying a baby. The man had reached a river and placed a basket in the river. As he was placing you in the basket, he started to sing a lullaby.

The basket floated down the river and the man kept singing. Suddenly a portal opened and the baby was taken through it. The basket landed in an ocean during a terrible storm. But the baby wasn't harmed at all. After the storm had calmed down, the basket slowly swam over to a dock where a young boy was sitting, enjoying the gentle breeze. He spotted the basket and picked it up. He saw the baby and took her into his care.

~~~~

Nearly a decade ago in the world of the Radiant Garden, a young girl raced through the Central Square. Heartless emerged from the ground in an attempt to block her path. She was led to a large metal gate, which she tried to open, but to no avail. She whirled around coming face-to-face with a tall white-haired man in an equally white coat, the group of Heartless assembled behind him. He looked down and reached toward her. Later, she was suspended inside a mysterious device as the man spoke.

"This world will be engulfed in darkness–everything you care about and everyone you love. If you truly possess the power of a princess of heart, your heart will resonate with a Keyblade wielder's, and I believe you can lead me to that wielder's world. That is the only possible way to save ours. You see, this is more than an experiment–it's hope. Like most, you probably believe that nothing exists outside of this world you live in. And yet, there are countless other worlds. You can see them sparkle brilliantly in the night sky. Through that sea of stars, fate will guide your ship to where you are meant to be," he said. He typed a few buttons on the input device in front of him and the hood of the machine began to close over the girl.

"However, if you arrive in a world that's neither of light nor darkness, but somewhere on the other side, your task will be far from easy. If that happens, you must abandon your search–we have failed," the man said. Kairi slept within the ark as it powered up and jettisoned. The memories ended and you and Kairi saw a crystalline pink flower before you two. Kairi reached out towards it, but it floated away from her, glowing. It spun before exploding in a burst of light, splitting into seven pieces that each flew away. You and Kairi gave a determined look and pushed away from the ground, sailing through the air. Once the two of you caught six of the pieces, Kairi stared at one of the petals in her hand. The two of you gasped, hearing the arrival of someone behind you. The two of you turned, seeing a figure in a black cloak.