forbidden flower

au. zoe is a princess/soon to be queen, and she's set to take part in her arranged marriage to a prince, who comes from another royal bloodline. little does the royal family know, zoe has her eyes on someone else; someone she shouldn't be looking at.

"You look ravishing," Amanda commented on her elegantly styled dress rather than her as a whole, and Madison curtseyed towards her fellow acquaintance as an anonymous thank you.

"Is Prince Phillipe coming tonight?" The taller girl referred to Madison's on and off boyfriend that she had quite awhile ago; and although they were no longer together, they promised to stay on good terms as friends. In hindsight, that also meant that he would be her date to most balls that the royal family held.

"Yes he is," Her lips didn't hesitate to answer, but for a brief second her brain did. She knew no matter how far she pushed him away, her ex boyfriend would always, and will always, have deep feelings for her.

"I'm sure he'll be very pleased to see how amazing his date looks." The black haired girl flashed her a polite smile, and Madison gave a small upturn of her lips to match her energy.

Out of her peripheral vision, a familiar brunette walked alongside her fiancée while eyeing the conversation Madison was currently engaging in.

"Zoe!" Amanda waved over her older sister, and it wasn't long before the comforting presence of the princess graced the two.

"Good-day Amanda," Her voice spiraled out of her mouth like silk being spun, and it caressed and enveloped Madison's eardrums in a blanket of heat.

"Madison," She acknowledged her with a slight nod of her head, and Madison returned the same gesture.

"We were just talking about Madison's date to your  celebratory engagement ball," Amanda had a large grin plastered on her face, and that smile of hers reached up to her eyes and complimented her defined cheekbones.

"Were you now?" Zoe turned her eyes to Madison's, and their gaze locked on each others as everything else in the world shattered and came raining down in glass shards.

"And you know, it got me thinking- 'What's Zoe wearing?' and, to be fair, I really would like to know what you're wearing considering that disastrous 16th birthday you had-" Amanda continued to ramble on about the designs and carefully sewed patterns that may be on Zoe's dress, but all Zoe could focus on was Madison.

"Madison, may I have a word with you?" The blonde felt those fluttering wings in her stomach as Zoe got that growing twinkle in her eye, and she bit down on the inside of her cheek to prevent her lips from spreading into a full smile.

"I suppose so, if that's okay with you?" She turned to her best friend, and Amanda stopped her sudden hand gestures she was using to explain herself and nodded nonchalantly.

"As long as you come back to talk to me about the dress Zoe, don't think that just cause you're getting married now I'm suddenly invisible!" Zoe flicked her hand into a wave, and bid her daring sister goodbye before turning on her heel to travel forward with Madison by her side.

"So, you're coming with Phillipe?" The tone she was using was an octave lower than her normal voice, which Madison grew to learn was a tone indicator that meant she was rather jealous.

"I am." She kept her answers blunt and vague, only due to the fact that they were still surrounded by a fair amount of people and they had yet to reach the garden at the end of the courtyard where no soul occupied.

Zoe inhaled a soft breath, and kept a gentle smile towards those who greeted her along the way.

"I thought you didn't take interest in him," She kept her head held high, in case anyone would catch her off guard and noticed her lack of straight posture. She hadn't looked at Madison once since they left Amanda behind, and Madison hadn't tried to look at her either.