C14 - Delicious

After Xiong Ye left, Zhou Ji took a look at the fish.

He had still been in college when the apocalypse came.

His parents were both researchers and had no time to look after their home, so they had hired a nanny. He had basically never entered the kitchen prior to attending college and hadn’t had any opportunity to use the kitchen after starting college. After the apocalypse hit, he had learned how to cook things, but his skills halted at the stage where he would put everything together and cook it all at once.

Right now, this fish…

Zhou Ji was contemplating whether he should use the simplest method of putting it into the water and boiling it.

However, it seemed that fish needed to be lightly fried with oil? With spring onions or ginger or something to deal with the fishy smell?

He hadn’t found spring onions or ginger yet, but as for the oil…

The meat that Xiong Ye had hung up had fat, but Zhou Ji was worried that the oil would have its own taste and ultimately chose not to use it. The good thing was that he had collected some plants that had vegetable oils while wandering around outside and spent some time squeezing out some oil–Some vegetables weren’t appetizing when raw, and he would stir-fry them or blanch them in water before mixing in a little oil.

After washing the stone pot, Zhou Ji poured a little oil inside. He had just gotten everything ready when Xiong Ye returned.

Xiong Ye carried in a lot of firewood and even a bucket of water… Zhou Ji said, “Rinse the fish and put it inside the pot.”

“Alright!” Xiong Ye responded. He yanked off the fish head and then rinsed the fish before tossing it in. The snake was a bit long and wouldn’t fit inside, so he tore it into several pieces and threw them all inside the oiled pot.

Zhou Ji kept a straight face as he looked on, and after the sound of sizzling from water meeting the oil had stopped for a while, he tried to use chopsticks to flip the fish over and discovered that the fish had become stuck to the pan.

Stone pots, particularly stone pots that weren’t smooth enough, were really difficult to use after all.

“What is this?” Xiong Ye asked, pointing to the oil inside the pot.

“Oil.” Zhou Ji said.

“Why is the oil like this?” Xiong Ye was amazed. Shouldn’t oil come in white pieces? How had Zhou Ji made it become like this?

Xiong Ye stood to the side and didn’t dare move as he watched Zhou Ji. He felt that there was too much he didn’t know.

“If you put fat into an empty pan, you can reduce it into this kind of oil.” Zhou Ji explained.

Seeing that the fish in the pot was about to fall apart because it was stuck to the sides, Zhou Ji expressionlessly poured some water inside.

The stone pot transferred heat very slowly, so the water in the pot only began to boil after a long time. Zhou Ji then added a little salt.

However, he didn’t put in any vegetables. He couldn’t expose his abilities, and he hadn’t prepared any vegetables in advance, so it was better not to add any.

More importantly, he didn’t know what vegetables to add to the fish to make it more tasty…

“It’s ready.” Zhou Ji said.

“You eat first. I’ll only eat if you can’t finish it.” Xiong Ye sucked in a mouthful of the rich fragrance coming from the soup in front of him as he spoke.

Stone Age Husband Raising JornalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara