Birthday

Compact Star 

Chapter 1 

 The wind was blowing fiercely into that dark forest. The trees were tall and mysterious - absolutely scary - as i was running  to find my pray. I could feel an unusual hunger -or i must say thirst? - for  something ahead .I forced my self to run faster and faster to reach it.Everything around me turned into a blur.I could feel it now ... smell it... see it .  It was a blond woman running in super speed trying to  escape .Once i was close enough i jumped to catch her ... i heard a loud growl escaping through my lips -

***************************************************************************

<< Aphrodite>> my brother said .I gasped and woke suddenly up. My heart was jumping in my chest and it was hard to breathe for a second or two. I looked around . My messy room was a such sweet relief ...  My older brother was sitting next to me with a worried face .I layed down to my bed again tring to relax.

<<Are you alright? >> Peter said with his brown eyes full of worry.

<<  Υou kept repeating 'closer' in your sleep>>

<< Did i ? Well i saw a really weird nightmare >> i said and shrugged.

<< What was it about ? >> he told me.

<< I don't remember >> i lied .

<< Whatever, happy birthday, kiddo! >> he said and hugged me.

<< Oh yes , i forgot i'm officially 16! >> i said with excitement.

<< Well i want to give this to you ... i know it's not something veeery special but i saw it the other day .. >>

My brother gave me a little black box . I opened it quickly and my mouth dropped open once i saw the jewellery. It was a tiny ring made of silver and diamonds with an glowing emerald stone in the middle.

<< Thanks Pete ! Its soo beautiful! >> I said and gave him a big hug.

<< Well i thought that maybe it matched with your eye colour .. its almost the same .. >>he said . I giggled.

<< Well, i think you're right ! >> i told him with a grin.

<< OK lets go and grab some breakfast- am starving here-plus mom and dad are waiting downstairs >> he said . 

I laughed.<< OK but first i wanna take a shower>> i said .

<< OK >> he said and left.

 When the door  closed i took a deep breath , woke up from bed and move straight to the bathroom. While i was washing my hands and i saw my reflection. My skin was really pale and my eyes a really dark green so it made a big contrast . My bronze straight hair were falling down my chest and they were messy. I looked really sleepy so i thought that a good shower was necessary. Once i was done i wrapped a towel round my body and walked bare foot into my room. I opened my huge wardrobe to decide what to wear . I picked a gray hoodie and  black skinny jeans with my usual black converse. I dried and straight my hair - as always- and walked out of the room . Downstairs i could hear my parents whispering about something and my brother's laugh. I got downstairs with a big smile.

The first thing i saw was  my parents . My brother was at the other side with a huge smile. Once they saw me the sang '' Happy birthday Aphrodite'' i blushed and smiled. My mom was 37 with beautiful blond hair and blue eyes.My father, on the other hand , was 43 and he got brown hair with brown eyes.He always looked serious for a reason and today he seemed kinda sad about something.