Chapter 2

*Eros*

We walked to class slowly and somehow he'd gotten me to talk. Though I kept it to a minimum. 

He spoke about his last school, though I wasn't paying attention to it. 

''Are you listening?''  he asked breaking through my daze. '' kind of'' I said as I realized how rude I was actually being. 

His face didn't change at my reply, instead he smiled bigger before saying '' wow, well I guess I'll have to tell you about it later.'' he wasn't directly suggestive but there was something mischievous in the way he said it. 

Despite my efforts to hold it back, a smile broke out and spread across my face. I brushed it off after a while and began to walk faster. Ajax seemed to realize and he pulled me by my wrist to stop me. '' I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Just tell me if you want me to stop.'' he said as he let go of my hand and walked past me. Brushing his other hand slightly with mines. 

I just stood there, not moving. About five minutes after he'd entered the classroom I realized I was still standing there dumbfounded. 

Shaking off the weird feeling I had, I walked into the class and halted as I realized that he'd chosen the seat next to mine. Whether it'd been  by coincidence or not, I knew that this lesson would be weird.

As I approached his smile widened and I couldn't help but smile back. I sat down ,feeling weird I chose to lose myself in my drawings. A few minutes in I was disrupted by a paper ball that had landed on my desk. I looked up and saw that everyone was busy, including Ajax. 

I opened the ball and noticed something written on it. 

''WHAT YA DRAWING'' 

I looked up again to see Ajax smiling mischievously as he focused his gaze forward. 

I scrunched the ball up and threw it at him and when he turned to look I held my drawing up for him to see. It was a skull with contents dripping out of the eye sockets, with flowers drawn on top of its head. It was cliché but I enjoyed drawing it.

 He bumped his fist against his chest and held up a peace sign. Very unique way of appreciating art. Again I smiled and looked down as I continued with my drawing. I wasn't paying attention to a single thing my teacher had said.

I spared a glance back at Ajax just to see what he was doing and we locked eyes. I turned away quickly and I could almost feel him smiling. Why did he have this effect on me.

The final bell of the day had finally rung and I stood up in relief. School was not my favorite place. Before grabbing my back I looked over at the door way and noticed Ajax walking past. I stared at him and before I could look away he caught my glance and had a warm smile spread across his face. He motioned for me to join him.

We walked out of the school together talking about nothing at all. Before I realized it, we were already at the gate. I said a short goodbye before I turned to walk towards my house. After a while I felt a tug on my shoulder and when I turned around it was him again.

I instantly felt a surge of warmth go through me. 

''I'm sorry, this is kinda awkward but I'm headed in the same direction.'' he said as he let out a small chuckle.

I smiled at him and motioned for him to walk beside me. 

''Soo, how was your first day of school?'' I asked, surprising myself.

'' It was surprisingly good, no doubt thanks to you.'' he replied with his signature mischievous smile. 

'' Do you maybe want to do something?'' I blurted out before I could stop myself. Immediately regretting it I felt my cheeks heat up.  

'' What would we do?'' he asked with a raised eye brow.

'' Anything besides go home.'' I said not even realizing just how badly I didn't want to go home.

''Well that depends on my schedule.'' he said as he playfully looked at his phone. '' It seems you have luck on your side, I'm free.'' he said with a warm smile.

''Anything you have in mind?'' he asked as he looked at me expectedly.

'' I know a place or two.'' I replied with a smirk of my own