𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

Farrah

꧁- a year ago -꧂

I lean my head onto the window while i look outside to see the rain splashing on the road thinking about the great guitar lesson my mom just picked me up from. I close my eyes for a moment when i suddenly feel a sudden change of direction. I hear my mom scream, i open my mouth to yell but nothing comes out. The car comes to a sudden stop when it hits something. And then it all went black.

I slowly open my eyes, it hurts.. everything hurts. I can't turn my head and when i try to speak nothing comes out of my mouth, i hear footsteps coming closer "she's awake" i hear someone yell whisper. "Oh baby, i'm so glad your fine" i hear my dad's voice. He's lying, i know he's lying, he never liked me and he never even wanted a child. The only thing that kept him from doing something to me was my mom, she always protects me and loves me. I hear the nurse leaving the room, problably to get the doctor, and my dad comes closer "You... She's..." I look confused but then i remember who was driving "Where's mom?" i'm relieved my voice is working again. A tear streams down his face "She's dead.. because of you" He shouts the last thing and i close my eyes and bite my lip, tears escaping my eyes. He slaps me on the face, he had never done that before. It stings and even more tears roll down my face "And you only have a broken arm and a bruised knee, i wished it was you who was in her place" I frighten at his words and luckily at that point the doctor comes in.

                          ꧁- now -꧂

I sit on my bed while i hear my dad throwing with empty bottles in the living room, i can't even cry anymore because of it, it has become my new normal. I let myself fall back on the bed and i sigh, i'm lucky my parents were kinda rich when my mom died so my dad not working isn't really a problem. I grab my phone, i really want to talk to someone so i text Xavier, my best (and only) friend. He recently got a boyfriend so i don't see him as much as i used to, he's the only one who knows that my dad beats me and i love him to death. My phone lights up and i see a text back from him, we text a bit and eventually agree to meet up at the local coffee bar in 20 minutes. I turn off my phone and put on a knee long dress, put my hair in a bun and quietly tiptoe to the living room where i see my dad passed out on the floor with a bottle of wine still in his hand. I slowly walk out of the house closing the door behind me.

I have a smile on my face while walking to the coffee bar, i'm actually a very positive and hyper person, i got that from my mom. I cross the road without looking and i feel a strong hand pull me back while a car goes by just before my feet. I turn around with a blush on my face "I'm so so sorry, i should have looked out. Thank you" His face is annoyed "Yes, you should have" I was kinda offended by his words "Well.. thank you" He growls and walks away, leaving me there standing confused for a moment until i come to my sensen and run to him. "I'm Farrah, What's your name?" i look at him, he has dark hair that almost falls over his eyes and a tattoo on the right side of his neck. His eyes have a blue-ish grey color and he has a few freckles on his nose. He looks at me, almost mad "What do you want" I smile "I just want to know the name of the man who saved me" He shakes his head and starts walking again while i start walking next to me "You know, your not very friendly. Do you want to grab a coffee with me and my friend?" I ask with the smile still on my face. He stops walking again "Can you shut up and leave me alone?" Wow, this man sure does know how to not make friends.

"I will leave you alone if you go and grab a coffee with me and my friend, it will be nice!" He sighs "Will you leave me alone after that?" I nod excited and he bites his lip "Okay then, five minutes and then i will be gone and i never have to see you again." I look at him "You are not a very nice person, you know that?" He nods "I don't like people" A small giggle leaves my lips "At least let me know your name" He looks at me annoyed "Vino" I smile "That's a beautiful name!" He growls "Well lets go, my friend should be there waiting by now" I say as i walk towards the coffee bar while Vino follows me. When we arrive i don't see Xavier anywhere, i grab my phone and i see he texted me saying his mom needed his help and he couldnt come, i sigh. "My friend can't come, but we can still grab a coffee! Wait do you even like coffee?" He nods and i smile big "Coffeee is like my favourite thing ever, i once dreamed about everyone in the world being cups of coffee so i would walk down the street and i just wanted to drink everyone" He looks at me weird and i think about what i just said "Wait, thats weird just forget i told you that" I ask what he wants and i order our coffees, i sit down and take a sip.

He's still standing there with a dead look on his face with the coffee in his hand. "You can sit" I say with a smile and he sits down still having the emotionless face plastered on his face. "Sooo, what do you do for a living? Where do you live? What's your favourite color? Do you have pets? I love animals!" He raises his eyebrow "Work, This town, Green, A dog" I nod "Tell me about your dog!" i figured that would be the easiest topic to talk about. "She's black" Was all that was coming out of his mouth, he stands up "I'm going, leave me alone now" I sigh and he walks out of the shop, leaving me there sipping from my coffee.