Chapter 3: Memory Gap

Dr. Collingwood opened one eye slightly, then quickly shut it again from the blinding light flooding into her retina. The side of her face felt swollen and her jaw was thumping.

"Molly? Molly, are you okay?"

She blinked several times as her eyes adjusted to the bright light and tried to slowly get up, her head spinning a little.

A hand gripped her upper arm and helped her sit up. It was Lawrence. She looked around, trying to figure out what had happened. Dr. Buck, Agent Green, and Carson were there.

"Lawrence, what happened?"

"We found you lying unconscious in SCP-096's cell, while 096 was sitting in the corner. How did it not kill you? There's no way you could've just knocked yourself out."

"I..." She swallowed, realizing that she didn't remember anything from after she'd stumbled into 096's cell by mistake. "I... don't actually know."

Dr. Buck raised an eyebrow. "You don't remember anything? At all?"

She shook her head.

Carson shrugged. "D*mn, you musta gotten hit on the head pretty hard, then."

----------------------------------

Dr. Collingwood winced as she looked in the mirror. The entire left side of her jaw was purple and swollen. She tentatively reached up, her fingers lightly brushing the bruise and almost bit through her tongue with the shock of pain that followed. She swore under her breath and quickly bandaged it up.

Hopefully this gets better tomorrow.