School of silence.

It was September the 4th, the time my new school started. I did not know the name of the school, all I knew is that people gave it the nickname; school of silence. I did not pay any attention to this name, although I probarly should have. In the morning I got changed into the oddly formal uniform. A white blouse, a black dress that just went below the knee and a black and grey blazer with a black and white bowler hat to top that off. Mother did my hair in one pleat at the side and when I asked why all she said was "its uniform." as soon as the clock striked 7 A.M, I grabbed my suitcase and kissed my mother goodbye and left for the black cab to take me there.

The cab driver never said a word the whole trip, after the 2 hour drive,we arrived at the school. It had a big black painted gate guarding it and then a 200 ft long path with water surrounding it. As we edged up the road I could see the school and caught a glimpse of its name in bold "Silentio nusquam frangit" and this is when i realised I had made a terrible mistake. I never understood what it meant but it did not sound good. The school was a big brick building with a pointy roof and 2 huge iron doors to get into it. I braced myself for the entrence.

The school was very dark and filled with candles instead of actual light, I noticed another student, she had medium black hair and was wearing the exact same thing that I was, I tried to be polite and say hello, but they just stared then walked away with a blank expression. About 10 minutes later one of the school councilers walked up to me with a lantern and said quietly, "Good morning miss Amelie, please follow me and make sure to be silent." she was wearing a completely black dress that showed no skin and some black heels with black tights. We walked through endless dark hallways until she lead me into a dark room. a woman was standing there with a chair and was wearing a black frock, "Please sit down..." she snapped.
"We haven't got all day! quick now!"
I sat down hesitantly and then felt something dripping down onto my head, I stayed still in fear to annoy whatever woman was pouring this on my head, until I realised it was perminant black hair dye!
"hm..." the woman disgustedly said.
"Luckily her hair is at the right length." she whispered to the other woman.
What were they doing? Was this the 'uniform'? about 3 minutes later she said, "All done. Please lead her to her dorm room."
I quickly sprung out of the seat and began quickly walking after the woman. We walked to the end of the coridoor and then stopped at a big black wooden door.
"Please enter, and do not make too much noise, after all this is the only place you may speak in. You will have simple rules to obide by;
1. No talking outside of your dorm room, if you do, you will suffer harsh consequenses,
2. You will get one candle per 4 days, any other expenses will be sent to your parents in a bill format,
3. You will be expected to keep this room tidy, if not then you will be in iosolation for a day,
4. You will be given clean bedsheets everyday, you are expected to change these without question.
5. Only 2 friends are allowed around your dorm room at a time to have a small chat, that is it.
6. You will be given breakfast lunch and dinner, no snacks inbetween.
and finally, your rising time will be 6 A.M to meet at 7 A.M in the hall to get your breakfast, lights out is 10 P.M, anyone spotted out after this time will be having a quiet talk with the head.
Have a nice rest of the day." She said then left. I was shocked at this news but decided to stay silent as I did not want to get these 'harsh consequenses' she speaks of. I walked into the room and saw another girl on the other side of the room sitting on a wooden bed with all white bedsheets. "Hello?" I whispered.
"Oh...Hello.." she quietly answered back.
" My names Amelie, whats yours?"
"Rosie." she slightly smiled.
"So, how long have you been here, I just got here." I said trying to brighten up the mood.
"2 months." she whispered hanging her head low.
after that she stopped replying so I decided to unpack. Mother did not really leave a big selection of clothing, they were all pretty dull exept a white nightie that went below my ankles that had the school logo on it. The rest were black or brown shirts with a mixture of black cardigans then some black skirts. I noticed I only had two pairs of shoes, my lace up school shoes and then my black casual shoes. Then she had packed 6 black hair bobbles and 1 glass box to put them in; then my toothbrush,a pencil case full of black pens, rulers and pencils then a white plastic cup. I grabbed my nightie and walked into the bathroom to change, it was quite oversised but I did not really care. As I was about to take my pleat out Rosie said, "put your hair into a low bun, they like it this way. They always try to trick new people into not doing this so they can test out their soon to be new punishments. I nodded in response and put my hair into a neat low bun. As I sat in bed reading a novel provided by the school, one of the councilers walked in, stared at my hair then walked out in a sort of rage. "You see, she wanted to catch you out but couldn't." Rosie said.
I thanked her and she smiled in response, we blew out all the candles and drifted off to bed.