Chapter 5: the servant/Hoofdstuk 5: De dienaar

The view is beautiful. The mountains areas are covered with enormous wood areas.

The city around the castle and the ground of the castle is dressed in a thick layer of mist. The sun hides behind the clouds. I awaken out of my trance by a knock on my door.

'Yes? "I ask carefully.

Luna comes in with a tray food. From colorful fruit to warm steaming bread. My mouth waters, but when I look at Luna, I catch her staring to the ground.

I frown and walk over to her. 'Everything alright? ' I ask.

Luna remains silent, staring at the ground as she slides the tray on the table. She makes a small bow and leaves the room.

I walk to the door and glance into the hallway. No one in sight.
The scent of the food lures me back to the tray. I tear off a piece of bread and take a bite.

I close my eyes and enjoy the taste of it. It is  everything you want of a loaf of bread. Warm, soft and full of taste.

Read further here:  https://artikel.nl/koop--de-dienaar--1928

Het uitzicht is prachtig. De bergengebieden zijn bezaaid met enorme bossen errond.

De stad rond het kasteel en de grond van het kasteel is in een dikke laag mist gehuld. De zon verstopt zich achter de wolken. Ik adem diep uit wanneer er op mijn deur wordt geklopt.

'Ja? ' vraag ik voorzichtig.

Luna komt binnen met een dienblad voedsel. Van kleurrijk fruit tot warm stomend brood. Ik begin te watertanden, maar wanneer ik naar Luna kijk, zie ik haar naar de grond staren.

Ik frons en loop naar haar toe. 'Alles goed? ' vraag ik.

Luna blijft stil zwijgend naar de grond staren en schuift het dienblad op de tafel. Ze maakt een kleine buiging en verlaat de kamer.

Ik loop naar de deur toe en kijk in de gang. Niemand, verlaten. De geur van het eten lokt me terug naar het dienblad. Ik scheur een stukje brood af en neem een hap.

Ik sluit mijn ogen. Het is brood zoals je een brood graag wilt. Warm, zacht en vol van smaak.

Lees hier verder:
https://artikel.nl/hoofdstuk--de-dienaar--1928