Chapter 16: Never Trust Lisa

Light scraping of metal against the floor, drops of liquid falling at a distance, her eyes scanned the room.

If one had been there, it would be as if a death room. Darkness surrounded the woman as she moved forward, guided by the dark towards her destination. The smell of fresh blood lingered in the air, making the girl curl her lip in disgust and her face showing obvious discomfort but nonetheless she was here with a purpose, one she had to fulfill. She slowed her steps, feeling the surface beneath her feet tremble, the sounds much more intense which would make a mortal feel as if death was approaching them. Standing in front of the door, she raised her hand to twist the wheel to unlock it but not opening it instantly, resting her hand upon it.

Did she really have to do this?

But she really didn't have a choice, did she? After all, she was the one chosen for this task, few centuries ago.

Gritting her teeth, she opened the door with force, the door creaking loudly. Entering inside, she felt goosebumps all over her the skin. She felt as if she was on cloud nine, her body filled with fire and slightly floating. She revelled in the feeling but eventually moved towards the large cylindrical capsule in front of her. The dark aura surrounded it, the thumping sound being clearly heard.

"Indeed they were right to send you, my child."

The voice rang warning bells in her mind, her mouth turning turning dry after hearing it. She took few steps and immediately stood in front of it, raising her hand which held the amulet oozing with the the familiar power.

"Hesitate not. I will ensure you stay by side once I regain my strength. You will receive the one thing you've always cherished for." The voice hinted the promise of goodness which made the girl feel certain as to why she was here.

She placed the amulet on the small hole present on the key of the capsule. As if it came to life, the amulet glowing as well as the machine. The power drained from the amulet and was now being absorbed into the system. A deep hum could be heard from the inside of the capsule.

"This power, takes me back to the days where the system was in control. In my control. Yet how one betrays their own blood is something I have not understood yet."

"Can you understand the reason behind it?"

The girl tensed up at the words, her body shaking with rage filled inside of her. She knew she was being provoked in order to let out her darkest secret but she tended to be wise. She was the wisest one between her and her sister. This was her chance to prove it all.

"I have nothing to say." She replied firmly, not allowing a trace of emotion to show on her face. But the other entity merely chuckled in response.

"Fulfill your quest and you will be given the recognition you deserve."

Chucking your fourth empty cup of the ice cream, you glared at the fifth one in front of you. Today was actually the worst day of your life (but you still describe the other days the same as well). You woke up like any other regular day but it was not because you slept well instead you felt your body overheating, actual beads of sweat rolling down your back. Annoyed and frustrated you got into the shower but after few minutes of finishing up, you still felt hot. You explained to Jennie and Irene but they shrugged it off as you being sensitive to your new found abilities. So here you were pushing the trolley down an aisle in the nearby market, more specifically the frozen food aisle which led you here eating up all the ice cream to cool yourself.

"That salesperson has been looking at you for the past five minutes. Can you stop eating like you've been deprived of it for years?" Yuna groaned, opening the doors of the freezer and nearly slamming her face inside.