Jiara Part 4

JJ woke up in the middle of the night to see that kie was no longer there. He got up and stumbled his way through the dark. He threw on an old hoodie and went outside.

It was early morning. The sky was still dark, but light enough for him to be able to see. Like a deep blue color. It was silent. The wind blowing calmly, the dew on the grass, the smell of nature. JJ loved the way the cool breeze felt as it flowed through his hair.

He spotted kie laying down on the hammock. Her hair lightly blowing in the wind as she gently swung back and forth.

"hey" JJ said as he slowly crept up to the hammock.

"hey" kie sighed, giving him a small smile as she scooted over.

JJ sat down, opposite of her and leaned back. they lay there in silence, listening to the peaceful sounds of the morning.

"JJ.. why didn't you ever tell me that you had panic attacks?" Kie asked, breaking the silence.

"Uhm" JJ said, pausing as he took a deep breath to think. "I don't really know.. it's just not something I really talk about, y'a know"

They sat in silence for a minute again.

"It was really scary." Kie said seriously. JJ didn't say anything back. He felt bad that she had to see him like that.

JJ paused, waiting in the silence again.

"What are we Kie?" He asked as he began to bite the inside of his cheek. He didn't want to ask but he had been dying to know.

Kie paused. She didn't know how to answer. She had no clue what they were.

"Uhm." She took a deep breath. "I don't know." She said while shaking her head. "It's complicated."

They were both unsatisfied with her answer, but that was the best she could do.

"Be my girlfriend." JJ said with a "why not" attitude after another moment of silence.

"What?" Kie asked, starring at him, confused. She slowly sat up and put her legs over the ground.

"Be my girlfriend." He said once again, confidently. A smile began to form on his face.

"JJ" Kie said hesitantly.

"Come on, I mean why not" JJ said, trying to convince her to say yes.

"JJ..." She said again as she stood up. "Look I have to go back home." She said slowly through a sigh.

"Kie-" JJ said, sitting up. His face looked confused. Why wouldn't she just give him an answer?

"I'll.. see you at the party" Kie said as she walked away to her car.

JJ had totally forgotten about the party. They got invited to Kies cousins extreme Kook party. He threw one every 6 months when his parents would be away in France. They were always a blast.

He couldn't even think about that right now. JJ scoffed as he laid back down. He thought everything was finally okay. He was kinda Annoyed at her indecisiveness.

Later in the morning, when everyone woke up, JJ walked back inside and sat on the couch. Sarah was the next to wake up. She walked into the kitchen and saw JJ on the couch. He looked sad.

She grabbed a granola bar out of the cabinet while suspiciously looking at JJ

"Where's Kie?" She asked while opening the wrapper.

"She had to go." JJ said passive aggressively as he fidgeted with his lighter.

"Did, something happen?" Sarah asked innocently as she walked over to the couch and sat down next to him.