{ XII }

Since Rio doesn't want me around and I'm bored for the last three hours, I walk towards my bag on the other side of the plane and grab that notebook Tiago gave me

I have nothing better to do. 

So I grab a pen and jump in one of the leather couches, before thinking for a second. 

How do you start this?

ᴅᴇᴀʀ,... Too formal? I scratch the word and stare at the cabin Marco's in. He's been in there for a while now. 

I shake my head and turn back to the notebook on my lap. 

ᴅᴀʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʟᴇʏᴀ- Nope. Everything sounds too cringe. Even though it's not? I don't know. 

Let's just... Continue. 

ᴅʀᴇᴡ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏɴ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɪꜱʟᴀɴᴅ. ʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ɴᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴀᴡᴀʏ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇ. ɪꜰ ʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ. ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴅᴏ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇɢɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴇᴀʀᴄʜ. ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴏ ɪꜱ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴀꜱꜱ ʙʏ-

'What are you doing?' I look up into Marco's blue eyes and smile. 'I have no idea if I'm being honest. I was just bored.' 

He nods and drops down next to me, leaning all the way back before sighing deeply. 'Look, Neveah.' 

I close the notebook and turn to him, showing him that he has all my attention. 

'I just wanted to apologize again.' What? 'For what I did. I- You have that scar, and I thought they would've freaked out if they saw that. I had to cover it up and I panicked and I- I know that doesn't make up for it, but I'm truly sorry and-' 'Marco calm down.' 

I place my hand on his and smile, feeling something creep down my spine. 

I know that he didn't do it on purpose. He didn't do all of that to make me uncomfortable. He did all of that to make sure we wouldn't get caught. 

'I told you to do whatever was necessary and you did. So it's okay.' He shakes his head and removes my hand from his, before looking away. 

Did it really mean that much to him? 'Marco, it's okay. It's nothing.' 'You almost had a panic attack because of what I did.' He sounds... Disgusted?

But not with me. With himself?

'Something happened to you and what I did triggered something, so I'm sorry.' A smile creeps up my lips. I don't think I've ever seen Marco this genuine before.