𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎, 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍

𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎, 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍. - 𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍

"Do you think I'll be okay? Do you really? I mean, I know all my lines perfectly, but what if I forget them when on stage?" Neil was pacing the field as Ophelia sat crosslegged in front of him.
"My darling boy, you will be perfect!" she jumped up and grabbed his arms, causing him to look at her with frowned brows and nervous eyes. "You are the most incredible actor I have ever seen. You embody Puck when you play him. I know you will be perfect, Neil."
The boy smiled down at her, reaching to grasp her tightly in his arms. "I love you so much, you know that right?"
The girl smiled into his shoulder, holding him as tightly as he held her. "I love you too, Neil. I love you too."
The pair embraced one another silently for a while longer, purely relishing in each other's company.
"I should go," Neil whispered while pulling away ever so slightly, stopping only to kiss her gently on the cheek. "I can't wait to see you all in the crowd. My dead poets."
Ophelia laughed lightly and answered, "This is only the first of many. We will be there in the crowd, cheering you on, for the rest of our lives."
She caressed his cheek lightly before allowing him to pull away and climb on his bicycle.
"Oh, Lia. Before I forget. I have an early Christmas gift for you. It's on my desk, so just pick it up when you go to see Todd." The boy smiled cheekily as the girl gasped, chastising him for doing such a thing. Neil only smiled and explained his reasoning, "You're my biggest supporter, you always have been. I thought I should give you a little thank you gift for it."
She smiled and kissed him on the cheek before bidding him off, watching her friend ride happily to dress for his big performance that night.

Todd was quick to open his door when he heard the familiar knock. He pulled his girl in and wrapped his arms around her waist ever so gently. "Good morning, beautiful," he whispered into her hair, kissing her over and over to make her smile.
"Good morning," she greeted back, quickly pulling away from him to see the gift Neil had left her.
"Yea, sure Lia. Leave me for a box. It's not like I have feelings," he muttered jokingly, causing her to laugh and explain what it was.
Ophelia carefully pulled the ribbon from the box and opened it to find a gold chain bracelet inside. It was a dainty thing and held a pendent where it clasped which had the initials 'N' on one side and 'O' on the other.
"To my greatest friend. May this always keep me close to you, no matter where we may be," Ophelia read from the handwritten note. Tears welled in her eyes as she gently picked the bracelet up.
"Would you like me to help you put it on, sweetheart?" Todd questioned from his place behind her. Once she nodded, he took from her as delicately as he could and clasped it on her left wrist. "This way, you will be able to wear it without the teachers seeing," he explained, alluding to the fact that she wrote with her right hand. She smiled up at him and kissed him, whispering her thanks. Looking down at the bracelet once more, she vowed in that moment she would never remove it. This was something she would keep with her till her last moment, just as she would her dearest friend.