Tea

Hey, y'all, in case you didn't know, I have a Hunter X Hunter oneshot book published! Go check it out!
I used actual places because the HXH universe is confusing.

Prompt at the end

Leorio rubbed his temples. He had narrowed down the interviews. It was recommended that he hired a female. He had narrowed it down to seven people.

Teresa Nightingale. Twenty-four years old, Caribbean, and a Muslim in practice. She said that she would have to be off just about every Friday. She had graduated from medical school fifth of her class. She worked in a different state for a while and recently moved into the city.

Alya Longo. Her parents were immigrants from Indonesia. She was twenty-nine. She recently graduated will very good grades but not at the top. She grew in in the city. She used to be a hairdresser but didn't enjoy it. Claimed that the medical field was right for her.

Christine Patterson. A white thirty-two-year-old woman. Married with two kids and had just moved from Texas. She graduated five years ago and was a plastic surgeon up until now. Top of her class throughout all of school. She mentioned in her interview that she was a religious Christian woman. Leorio wasn't sure if he should take that as a red flag or not.

Malia Perez. A twenty-six-year-old Costa Rican. She was unmarried and bisexual. She graduated top of her class but just in Peurto Rico. They might've learned different things there. She just moved to America five months ago. She was fluent in English and seemed sweet.

Finally, Paris Jean. Thirty and 100% American. She used to be head of diagnostics when she worked in Colorado. She was multilingual. French, Spanish, Polish, and Italian. She was however smart. Top of her class as well. Just about everything about her screamed privilege.

Leorio sighed and tapped each paper. "I don't know," he mumbled. "Which one? Which one?" He groaned and slammed his head on his desk. After hitting his head a few times, he just let it rest there.

After a few minutes, Leorio felt a hand on his back. He looked up. Kurapika was standing beside him holding a mug. "It's two am, ya know," he said.

Leorio nodded and lifted his head. "Yeah," he said. "I know. Just struggling with this from work."

"Why don't you come to bed? It's late. You need to sleep."

Leorio shook his head. "No. I need this done by tomorrow."

Kurapika sighed. He moved the hand from Leorio's back to his stomach. "I had a feeling you'd say something like that," he said. "So...we made you tea." He set the mug on Leorio's desk, avoiding the papers.

Leorio smiled. "Thank you, baby," he said, then glanced at Kurapika's stomach. "Babies?"

Kurapika chuckled. He leaned down and kissed Leorio's cheek. "Goodnight Leo," he said. "I'll see you tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning."

Leorio smiled. "Maybe," he said. "Goodnight."

Prompt: