Chapter 38

"How were you able to eat that food?" He asked not taking his eyes off the screen.

"I am just awesome like that." I answered not wanting to give away full information yet. "How are things here?"

"Victoria showed up. She knows about the treaty line and makes smart use of it. We all went after her at some point as did the wolves. I almost had her just when she jumped over. Paul went for her as well but she dodged him and we bumped into one another. It nearly started a fight." 

"Hm. Well have you considered working together and find her?" I asked.

"Not yet. But there are other things going on too." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Disappearances in Seattle. We think vampires but we aren't sure." That peaked my interest.

"Good thing Jasper and I are home then. We can help figure it out. Hey Emmett?" I smirked.

"Yes?" 

"You lose." I killed his character. He pushed me out of being a sore loser. I rolled over the floor and laughed. This day really has been one of familiar moments. Emmett, still petty, picked me up and ran outside but instead of me being dropped into the river, I flipped us around and now he fell.

"What was that for?" he growled.

"Payback." I answered blankly. But we both burst out laughing. I just knew that it was a sign for both of us that our friendship hadn't really been broken due to what happened. "Come on. You big oaf. Esme might scold you for keeping me out so late." 

"Why do you want to keep you being a vampire a secret?" He wondered.

"How do you think certain people will react if they find out? I will tell them soon but after graduation. I asked Alice not to tell for two reasons. One because I wanted to do it myself and two as a little test to see if she learned her lesson." I explained my reasons.

"Did I pass?" Alice interrupted.

"Really? Another déjà vu moment?" their confused looks made be realize I said that outloud.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"The first Cullen kid I talked to was Rose. Both when I first got here and at the airport today. Then this thing of you losing the game after I had a great meal made by Esme and someone dropped in the river, and now Alice being the first to find us." I explained. "Yes you passed so far. Can you tell me more about the situation here though?"

"I see a lot of disappearances, and definitely vampire related but I can't see who is behind it." She was frustrated.

"Any missing persons from Forks in the papers?" I inquired.

"I don't know." Perhaps we could find that out first.

"Start from there. I can tell you the Volturi aren't involved as the one behind these. However if this doesn't get solved soon enough they might be the ones to end it and you all too for keeping Bella human." Alice nodded understanding. 

"What are you thinking?" Emmett asked seeing I had a small theory.

"Nothing with certainty yet. I need to read the articles on the disappearances and talk to the pack first. But if our favorite redhead keeps showing up, I think she might be an important part of this. After all, you did kill her mate."

"We'll see. Carlisle has articles. He collects them to figure things out."

"Anyway I think I need some rest for a bit so let's go back?" I asked making a certain decision.