The Pain

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆Loki。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"you took her pain, didn't you?"

"Mortal." Loki greeted, his eyes still on the book he was reading, when he heard no response, he turned to look at her, his face falling as he took in her appearance. Bruised and bloody, her hand on her stomach, hunching in pain, shallow breaths of pain. She placed her hand on the cell door. Much to his surprise it opened up, stepping in she closed the door, gasping a breath of relief. "What are you doing?" he sneered at her, hating the closeness. No he didn't.

"I'm sorry." his breath hitched hearing her whisper in pain. His heart pummeled to the deep core of the kingdom, knowing what she apologized for. He watched her as she took deep breaths, trying not to show him that she was in pain. He lost the one person who accepted him. One person who he could bring himself to call family. He lost his mother.

"Was she in pain?" tears brimming his eyes he kept his expressions neutral, his voice deathly low.

"I-" He slightly stepped back as she stepped forward, softly taking his face in her hands she pulled him closer, her forehead resting on his, Loki could feel her breathing fanning over his, they were short and painful, worrying him a little. Gasping when he felt her cold fingertips brush his temples.

"Thank you Amelia..." she smiled at the queen's voice in her head "Tell him he was always my son, nothing less, tell him I'm sorry."

Loki hissed, staggering back, taking deep breaths, his eyes now filled with tears. Was this his fault? Did he play a part in the death of his mother? He felt guilty, remembering the last words exchanged between them.

"Then am I not your mother?"

Loki skipped a beat, regretting the words he was to speak "You're not." He felt guilty for hurting the queen...he hated himself for hurting his mother.

"Always so perceptive about everyone but yourself."

What has he done?

He looked at Amelia who was leaning on the wall, slightly stable and smiled at her "you took her pain, didn't you?" She simply nodded.

"It was the least I could do."

"It added to your own pain Amelia." his voice wavered, pointing to the bleeding wound in her arm and the way she clutched her stomach. Amelia smiled at him "Thank you." he spoke genuinely, Amelia nodded in response, ready to step out of the cell. Loki grabbed her hand before she could do so. "Can you do something for me?" Loki conjured a flower. A rose, it was a unique color: a beautiful green with blinding white "Give it to my mother, will you?" Amelia smiled at him, nodding before leaving the dungeons.

Reality set in on Loki. His mother was gone and he was to blame, mistake after mistakes ending in him killing his mother. Rage and Sadness made its way to him, throwing back all the furniture in the room in different direction. He could feel his mother's soul pass into the stars and he wasn't there. Falling on the wall he felt all stability leave him, He had only hoped Amelia did what he requested for.

"Tell him he was always my son, nothing less, tell him I'm sorry"

He was her son.

Whoever was responsible for this is going to pay. Loki screamed in anguish. His heart aching. His cell a mess, his own form a mess.

He took a deep breath when he felt Amelia's presence near him after a long while. She was coming here. He put up an illusion. A very frequently used one. He was okay.

Even putting up an illusion he couldn't help but show the concern towards the girl who now looked sickly pale and was held up by Thor.

"After all this time...now you've come to visit me." Loki smirked at him, Amelia just shook her heard at him, knowing he put up an illusion "Have you come to gloat, to mock?"

"Loki stop..." He sighed at the soft voice of Amelia and dropped his illusion knowing very well it was of no use. He could feel the concerned look of Amelia as she watched him in his state of grief.

"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament."

"Go on." Loki mused

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance. And afterward, this cell." Loki chuckled at Thor's statement, and leaned closer mocking him.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

"I don't. Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you."

"Hmm. When do we start?"