[RECOVERY Pt. 2]

Mitch is tense as he makes it to his father's hospital room, he'd been stupid to think Melissa hadn't heard Braeden say his name, a little hopeful maybe, to have expected her not to make the connection. And well, if she made the connection there's no way the Sheriff didn't, which means, hello awkward conversation.

He'd slipped his badge into his pocket back in his bedroom, but damn did he hope he wouldn't have to use it, have to show his father what he'd become. He's not delusional enough to think being an assassin is something to be proud of, no matter how justified his kills are.

He's still a killer, he knows that. Has accepted it, come to terms with it, he's not sure it's something his father can come to terms with.

He's seconds away from rounding the corner to the hospital room when he hears talking, it's muffled, like it's through a door, and it could be any patient in any room down this corridor talking to any number of people, except it isn't.

It's his dad's voice, he knows it is, and maybe he's talking to a doctor but, but he isn't because he knows the second voice too.

Scott is in there, visiting Noah, and there's something about that that gets on Mitch's nerves. He feels like a child not willing to share his toys, that's my lego batman figure, not yours, get your own but in his defence, that is his dad. Not Scott's.

That isn't fair because Melissa has always been like a mother to him, and he really shouldn't care. Family shouldn't matter, not now, not when he's supposed to be working, and yet, look at him.

He thinks well, screw it, because he would've had to speak to Scott sooner or later anyway and rolls his shoulders to release some of the tension that's built up there before rounding the corner.

He knocks on the door before he enters because they are in the middle of a conversation and he's polite, (or still trying to be, cut him some slack), he opens it himself before they have the chance to get up or speak.

"Hey dad," he smiles, a little awkwardly, "how are the bullet wounds?"

"Stiles-" Noah grunts, trying to pull himself up into a sitting position before Scott pushes him back down by his none injured shoulder -- a little too roughly if the dramatic wince on Noah's face is anything to go by. Mitch grits his teeth.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Scott huffs, "shouldn't you be being questioned, or in a cell or something?"

"Scott," Noah mutters in warning, looking over at him like this is a conversation they've already had, Scott doesn't look down at him.

"What, he killed Braeden!"

"Braeden was going to kill me, and Stiles, and your mother too, probably," Noah argues, which is true, but Mitch didn't exactly expect Stilinski to be at his defence.

"What so he just, gets away with it, that's it? He just gets to kill someone and everyone is okay with it?"

Do you hear yourself!? Mitch wants to snap, because honestly what a hypocritical, self-righteous- "well I guess that's up for your dad to decide now, isn't it?"

"What?"

"Oh, you haven't heard?" Mitch asks, fully aware he's being an ass, "daddy's coming home for a visit -- well, not to visit you but-"

"Stiles," Noah snaps, shooting Mitch a warning glance, "shut up or I'll put you in a cell myself."

Scott's eyes burn red, "you know I was excited when Lydia told us you were back, she didn't warn us that you turned into a dick, a murdering dick at that."